Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. ORISKANY

Posting Guidelines

Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MS Harris

Posting Guidelines  Reply with quote  

This is a short outline instructing you how to post.

Spoken words are preceded by your abbreviated rank and last name in bold. The words themselves are in italics. There is also one space between actions and spoken lines. Like so:

She looked up just as the Lieutenant walked into her ready room. She smiled and said.

Capt Harris: Hello and welcome to the USS Oriskany.

Thoughts are simply placed in italics and left in the text.

She smiled to herself as she looked at the seemingly green cadet. Bet he's never even left spacedock, she thought to herself.

Telepathic communication is almost identical to spoken words but the words are colored Cyan .

Capt Harris: I see you've made it safely aboard Lieutenant.

Actions are simply typed as if you were writing a book.

She paced thoughtfully about her ready room, preparing to make her speech to the Fleet Admiral.

Now here is a complete post featuring all of the above elements and colored green to make it easy to distinguish.

She walked into the mess hall and nodded as she passed different officers and enlisted crew, bidding them to go about their business despite her presence. She nodded to the Vulcan duty officer in the corner.

Capt Harris:
Read any good romance novels lately?

She chuckled to herself as the Vulcan looked up, unamused as predicted. She found an unoccupied table and sat quickly down with her PADD. She pulled one of the mess officers to the side as they approached.

Capt Harris: Could I get a cup of coffee, black. Thank you. On second thought I have to go.

She stood and walked out of the mess hall and jogged to the holo-deck.

Just a few short rules regarding posting. They are mostly common sense rules that help give the sim a realistic quality.

I. You cannot read other peoples' thoughts unless you are a telepath. Nor can you receive telepathic messages unless you are a telepath or a telepath has directed it at you specifically.

II. You cannot type other peoples' words with the exception of minor words such as "Aye aye". They are individual characters and can post for themselves.

III. You cannot type another character's actions with the exception of minor movements like waving or turning of the head. Once again they can post for themselves.

IV. You cannot make permanent changes to other characters without their prior permission. I.E. killing them or cutting off a limb.

V. You can and should have fun. This is, after all, a game, albeit a serious one. We are here to have fun. These rules are in place to ensure that everyone, not just one person, has fun.

If you have a problem with any of these rules you will be given three chances. Disciplinary action is as follows:

First Strike: Reprimand.

Second Strike: Official reprimand and possible demotion.

Third Strike: Possible removal from the ship pending a meeting with the Commander in Chief.

I look forward to a fun and enjoyable simming experience. That is about all. Thank you and if you have any other questions about how to post just post them here and I, or another qualified person will promptly respond.

Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:32 pm   

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: