Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Starbase 34

Division 1 Commendation and Promotion Ceremony
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MR Marino

Observation Area - Spacedock  Reply with quote  

Lou was relieved to see the Counselor arrive and report in to him. He wasn't worried she was not going to show up, he just had a little anxiety over Kestra's arrival being late. But she was right on time and that made the Captain quite happy. Lou shook Kestra's hand as he responded to her.

Capt Marino: Hello Counselor, thank you for taking this assignment...and welcome aboard the Sutherland. Your experience and knowledge is going be invaluable to us in completing our mission. Get your Quarters squared away and prepare for departure.

The Captain watched as LtCmdr Elbrun made her way into the Sutherland and off to her Quarters aboard the ship so she could get them to her liking before they launched in a short amount of time. Lou was so excited about the upcoming launch that he used all of his self control not to start doing cartwheels around the Observation Area. This was becoming the happiest day of his life...

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:56 pm   
LCDR Joffee
Lt. Commander

With Mike inside the Turbolift, he came up the shaft and stopped by the Observation Area at the berth where Sutherland was docked and exited. He immediately saw Capt Marino standing there by the Gangway along with Como Carpathia, Yeoman Panettiere and even Adm Arayuss. The Chief Science Officer walked up to the Captain and reported in...

Lt. Commander Joffee: Lieutenant Commander Michael Joffee reporting in, Captain. What would you like me to do after I unpack, Sir? Assuming we've got time for me to do so.

LtCmdr Joffee shifted the weight of his travel bag from one shoulder to the other as he stood there waiting on the Captain to reply. As he did so he winked at Yeoman Panettiere, smiled at Como Carpathia and gave a respectful nod to Adm Arayuss.

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Marino

The CO was thrilled to see his Chief Science Officer reporting in. Lou extended his hand and shook LtCmdr Joffee's as he greeted him to the Sutherland.

Capt Marino: Welcome aboard, Mr. Joffee! Please go to your Quarters and unpack, then report to Commander Kee on the Bridge for further instructions. It's good to see you again, Mike.

Lou was getting even more excited to the point where he wanted to lay on his back right there on the floor and clap his feet together as an applause to how he felt about there only being the 58th Squadron left to report in. The Captain watched as LtCmdr Joffee entered Sutherland through the Gangway hatch and disappeared into the interior of the Nebula Class vessel.

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:51 am   
LCOL Carrera
Lt. Colonel

LtCol Carrera rode in the Turbolift with the other members of the 58th Squadron to the Observation Area where Sutherland was docked in it's berth. Upon exiting the the lift, Rafo saw Capt Marino standing by the Gangway with Adm Arayuss, Como Carpathia and a Lieutenant he was not aware of. The Lieutenant Colonel walked over to them and introduced the Wildcards to Capt Marino since they hadn't met before.

Lt. Colonel Carrera: Captain, as you know, I am Lieutenant Colonel Rafael Carrera, Detachment Wing Commander and this is the 58th Squadron, also known as the Wildcards.

Pausing to allow each of the members of the Squadron to come forward and shake the hand of the Captain. As they did so, Rafo introduced them by rank and name.

Lt. Colonel Carrera: This is my Deputy Detachment Wing Commander, Marine Captain Shane Vansen... Next is 1st Lieutenant Vanessa Damphousse...followed by 1st Lieutenant Cooper Hawkes...1st Lieutenant Paul Wang...and 1st Lieutenant Nathan West.

When each of them had the opportunity to shake hands with the Captain, they all took a step backward and allowed LtCol Carrera to continue talking to Capt Marino.

Lt. Colonel Carrera: Captain, do you know if our SA-43X's have been delivered yet? If so, we'd like to check them out before we launch.

Rafo waited on Capt Marino to reply to his inquiry so he would know whether they had Starfighters to inspect or if they had to wait on the Flight Deck for them. The Detachment Wing Commander really hoped the ships were waiting for them in the aft hanger for the Marine pilots to look over. LtCol Carrera was not comfortable having the launch of Sutherland delayed because the Starfighters were not moved over from Whitestar last night.

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Marino

Lou was very excited to meet the Wildcards and shook all of their hands and welcomed them all aboard with an old style military salute. He looked down at his PADD and verified the Starfighters were moved from Whitestar several hours ago. The Captain immediately answered LtCol Carrera, letting him know the SA-43X's were aboard in the Aft Hanger.

Capt Marino: Yes, Colonel. All your Starfighters are aboard Sutherland in the Aft Hanger, so stow your gear in your barracks, that are waiting for you. Once your inspection is done give the report to Commander Kee on the Bridge. It's a honor to have the Wildcards aboard for this mission.

As the Marine pilots made their way through the Gangway to the entrance to Sutherland, the Captain looked over at Lt. Panettiere.

Capt Marino: Well Yeoman, it's time. We need to get going now to finish our duties in getting the ship ready for launch.

Lou then looked over at Adm Arayuss and Como Carpathia next to take his leave of them both.

Capt Marino: Admiral, Commodore, thank you so much for your support. I promise I won't let you down. I'll keep those abandoned vessels in Sector Epsilon secured till the Tow Ships arrive. I really appreciate your confidence in me.

The Captain smiled at them and made his way into Sutherland via the Gangway, leaving the Yeoman behind so he could say his goodbyes to Como Carpathia and Adm Arayuss. Lou knew Jansen was close to both of them and probably wanted to say goodbye in private. Once he entered the ship he touched the side of the bulkhead and said a small prayer to himself, similar to ones Captains said before leaving on voyages on their tall ships in the oceans of his home planet centuries ago.

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:16 pm   
LT Panettiere
Lieutenant

Jansen watched Capt Marino walk over and board Sutherland before going over to Como Carpathia and giving him a big hug. He was going to miss his CO but this was an opportunity for him to gain even more experience in his career as a Starfleet Officer. After the hug that didn't feel long enough, he spoke to the Commodore in a soft manner.

Lt. Panettiere: I'm going to miss you, Sir. Thank you for letting me have this opportunity, I'll make you proud.

While waiting for Como Carpathia to respond, he shook hands with Adm Arayuss and wished him well.

Lt. Panettiere: Best wishes, Admiral. I'll be sure to take care of Captain Marino by anticipating his needs before he has them.

The Yeoman stood at the entrance to the Gangway, ready to be the last member of Sutherland's crew to board. Jansen just needed to hear something back from the Commodore and Adm Arayuss before walking the rest of the way to Sutherland and sealing the hatch as they prepped for launch.

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

The Commodore fought back a tear as he let go of his embrace. It was why he couldn't respond immediately. E.J. remembered when Jansen first came aboard Infiniti as a Star Cadet with the rank of a Crewman Recruit. Everything was so new to him, which was normal for somebody so young. Now he was a young man heading off on his first mission without the Commodore there beside him. His little man was growing up...

Como Carpathia: I'm already proud of you, Jansen. I have been and always shall be.

E.J. stood there with Aeryck and waited for him to say goodbye to the Lieutenant. He was really going to miss his Yeoman and didn't want to even think about what he would do if something happened to Jansen while he was in Sector Epsilon with Lou. The Commodore just sighed as he watched his young buddy depart.

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck was so proud of Jansen and how he's growing up to be so independent and responsible. This was going to be a true test of his resolve, serving aboard a ship with a Captain he doesn't know that will expect immediate results when asked to do a task. The Admiral hoped the Yeoman was up to the job of serving Capt Marino.

Adm Arayuss: May your journey be free of incident, Lieutenant.

Aeryck and E.J. watched as Lt. Panettiere smiled before he turned around and walked the rest of the way to Sutherland, entering and turning around one last time to wave goodbye before sealing the outer and inner hatches. Now that everyone was aboard the ship, they would be departing very soon. They walked together out of the Observation Area and went to the Observation Deck at the top of Spacedock where they could see Sutherland from above and remained there to watch it exit the Space Doors when it was ready.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: