Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. EVENT HORIZON

Mission 1 - Into the Looking Glass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LCDR Centares
Lt. Commander

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

When LtCmdr Centares heard PO3 Florenté inform him that full power was available, Ajay used his console to bring Event Horizon to maximum velocity! They were now moving faster than any non-sentient Starfleet vessel, since he read USS Explorer had crossed the distance between the Andromeda Galaxy and the Alpha Quadrant of our Milky Way Galaxy in a matter of weeks. Now that was a vessel he would love to pilot someday, but be that as it may, Event Horizon was the next best thing.

Lt. Commander Centares: Captain, we're now at maximum velocity! Our ETA to Sector Omicron is just under 12 hours, Sir!

With the ship moving at an incredible speed, LtCmdr Centares wondered what they would be doing to occupy their time until they reached their destination. Capt Little mentioned he wanted to run some simulations in the Holodecks, but with all the power allocated to the engines at this time, it may just have to wait until they reduced speed.

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

The Captain looked towards his pilot and then to his Chief Ops Officer, wondering...

Capt Little: Brilliant, Mr. Centares! Mr. Mitchell, keep an eye on the power consumption, I want every little nuance, every kilowatt, every system access logged... I'd like to try and quantify everything this ship can do... At least before we have to give her back... I'm hoping some of the technology could be implemented back at base to the rest of the fleet...

Lewis hoped at least some of the power allocation lines or structural integrity could be retrofitted onto the Infiniti, Whitestar or Oriskany...

Post Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Mitchell
Lieutenant

The Lieutenant did as the Captain ordered and quickly began writing up a routine using the power allocation and consumption console at his station to monitor everything the CO asked him for, that way when Capt Little requested the information, it would be ready for him at a glance.

Lt. Mitchell: Aye Captain. I'm writing up an application that covers everything you've asked for. Whenever you'll need the data, it will be displayed for you on the center console between you and Commander Cypher.

As soon as Cole finished writing up the program he set it so it could be displayed from the center console between the CO and XO's chairs on the Bridge. The Chief Ops Officer wasn't sure what information would be usable to the rest of the fleet or if it would even be allowed. But the Lieutenant wasn't there to ask why, just to follow orders and that is what he was going to do.

Lt. Mitchell: All set, Sir. The data is available whenever you need it.

Waiting to hear if there was anything else the Captain needed from him, Cole continued to run scans of the area there were heading towards in Sector Omicron which at this point there was nothing to report right now. Should something arise, the Lieutenant would inform the CO and XO right away.

Post Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

Thom looked over at Capt Little and could see that he was either lost in thought or possibly hungover from alcohol usage. Either way, the XO felt Lt. Mitchell needed to hear some praise for his excellent work on the program he wrote so the Commander voiced it since Capt Little was unresponsive.

Cmdr Cypher: Great work, Cole! We'll be able to use the information you made available and upload it to our PADDs. That way we can review it on our own ships once this mission is completed.

The XO kept an eye on the Captain, wondering why he was so quiet. Thom wondered if he would be needed to take over the mission should Capt Little fall into some sort of total brain-lock. Cmdr Cypher heard about what happened to Capt Reich and wondered if the same was about to happen to Capt Little. Thom thought about calling up Dr. Tudismaque to the Bridge and see if he could give the Captain a quick look to see if he was alright. If the CO didn't become responsive soon, the XO would summon the Doctor to the Bridge to give the Captain a once over with his Medical Tricorder.

Post Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

Having been lost in thought about his new plan, Lewis turned towards Cole.

Capt Little: Mr. Mitchell, would you mind joining me in my Ready Room?

The Captain shot a quick glance towards his First Officer.

Capt Little: Nothing to worry about too much, Thom... I've not been taken over by a Pah Wraith!

The Captain then awaited Lt. Mitchell to join him before heading to the Ready Room.

Post Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Mitchell
Lieutenant

Cole turned towards the Captain and nodded as he spoke to his CO.

Lt. Mitchell: Aye, Sir.

The Lieutenant logged out of the Ops Station before getting up and following Capt Little to his Ready Room which was just a short distance down the Deck 1 corridor from the Bridge. Following the Captain into his office, Cole looked around the sparsely decorated room before making an inquiry.

Lt. Mitchell: How can I be of service, Captain?

The Chief Ops Officer remained standing since he was unsure of what was going to be discussed in the Ready Room.

Post Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

Ready Room - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

The Captain held up a finger to Lt. Mitchell, indicating a need for silence, as he also indicated for Cole to take a seat.

Capt Little: Computer, seal the doors to the Ready Room and deactivate all sensors within this room.

While the Computer beeped to show confirmation, Lewis pulled up a single file on the computer monitor on his desk. It appeared to surround the Treaty of Algeron and many illicit planetary formations, among others, the initials "RSE" and "NCIA" flashed upon the screen.

Capt Little: This is only part of the reason for tracking the technological advances aboard the Event Horizon... You'll note that the majority of this file has already been [REDACTED] . However, I'm sure someone of your highly sought-after experience could surely extrapolate as to what exactly this is... I've spent the last few hours and most of last night pouring over it to no avail. And if this mission is to be a success, I for one would like every tiny bit of information available to us.

The CO waited while his Chief Operations Officer perused the file.

Post Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Mitchell
Lieutenant

The Lieutenant took a seat across from the Captain and went over the file his CO asked his assistance for. Other than mentioning the Treaty of Algeron which was signed in 2311 prohibiting the use of cloaking devices by the Federation and all Starfleet vessels... But after the destruction of the planet Romulus and the need for the Federation for their very survival, the Romulan Star Empire set aside the anti-cloak treaty. This allowed for exceptions to be made for a few Starfleet vessels to have Romulan cloaking devices installed on them.

It was going to take Cole quite some time to completely restore all the information that was contained in the file. He would make it his top priority for the next 11 hours or so. The Chief Ops Officer didn't want it to interfere with his primary duties for this mission.

Lt. Mitchell: I'll get right on this, Sir. It will help me occupy my time for the next 11 or so hours, till we reach Sector Omicron. From what I can gather, Captain, is this has something to do with our use of the cloaking device that was developed by Omega. That it was NOT designed by the Romulans, and Section 31 would prefer what's left of the Romulan government stay uninformed of this. But if I can copy the file to a PADD, I'll be able to work on it at my Bridge console and not attract any attention to my absence. How does that sound, Captain Little?

The Lieutenant remained in the chair and waited to hear the Captain's decision on transferring the file to a PADD so he could work on getting more information out of it for Capt Little. This was certainly an interesting situation the CO got him involved with. Cole was surprised any of this data would be accessible from Event Horizon's computer. With them heading to an alternate universe, if the vessel was facing capture, they would have to self-destruct the ship to prevent anyone from accessing the censored data.

Post Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

The Captain listened intently to his Operations Chief before replying.

Capt Little: Well, that's something I still have not managed to find out yet, Mr. Mitchell. You won't need to copy the data, it's already been remotely sent to your private console and your workstation, so as to allow you to work on it when and as you can...

The CO stood from the desk and straightened his uniform top.

Capt Little: Don't worry too much if your unable to restore any of the information Omega has already removed... I'm not expecting miracles! All I ask is the same we've always asked of anyone, your best. Nothing more, nothing less... You won't be reprimanded if your unable to do anything with it. But I'd like for you to try, any information we can get will help to better equip our mission.

Lewis waited for Cole to mull over everything he had said before getting ready to unlock the Ready Room doors.

Post Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Mitchell
Lieutenant

Cole processed everything he heard from Capt Little and was ready to get to work at his station on the Bridge. That is where the Lieutenant would feel most comfortable working on the task for the Captain.

Lt. Mitchell: Aye, Sir! I'm on it! I'll let you know discreetly WHEN I find out even more information regarding the data file you discovered.

The Chief Ops Officer emphasized on the word when so the CO would know the Lieutenant was certain to get more information for his Captain. Cole just wanted to know a preferred way to notify Capt Little when a new discovery was made.

Post Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: