Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. SUTHERLAND

Mission 2 - Rescue Mission to New Bajor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
CMDR Sladek
Commander

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

Ulric smiled as he looked towards the Admiral, who was much smaller in stature than the Nordic officer.

Cmdr Sladek: Thank you, Sir! I'll make you proud.

The newly promoted Commander went to his Quarters and packed his rug sacks and changed into his new Command division uniform. Ulric headed out of his door thinking about his time on Sutherland under the command of Adm Arayuss. As his door to his Quarters closed he was ready to start a new chapter of his Starfleet career. Cmdr Sladek walked quickly to the Transporter Room and stepped up onto the pad and informed the Transporter Chief of his destination.

Cmdr Sladek: One to beam over to the USS Eureka!

The XO of Eureka dematerialized from Sutherland’s Transporter Room to start his new career as the Executive Officer to Capt Bennet.

Post Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

The Admiral was sitting in the CO’s chair on the Bridge of Sutherland, when he heard Ens Toretto inform him of an incoming hail from Capt Bennet aboard the USS Eureka. Rising up from the chair, Adm Arayuss walked to the center of the Bridge and spoke to the Ensign seated at the Ops Station.

Adm Arayuss: Put Captain Bennet on screen, Ensign Toretto.

As Aeryck waited on seeing the newly appointed CO of the USS Eureka appear on the Main Viewscreen, he wondered what it was regarding. Perhaps it was news on the status of Capt Sull?

Adm Arayuss: Captain Bennet, how can I help you?

The CinC waited to hear what Capt Bennet had to say, regarding the reason for the call. Aeryck hoped there was nothing wrong going on over there aboard Eureka. The Admiral was pleased to have another vessel joining the fleet, especially another Science Vessel. There were so many places that needed to be explored in the Gamma Quadrant and a California Class Starship would be the perfect addition to Gamma Fleet.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Mon May 08, 2023 9:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LCDR Joffee
Lt. Commander

Michael was watching the Main Viewscreen and listened to what was being said by Capt Bennet with absolute amazement!

Capt Bennet: Admiral Arayuss, thank you for taking my hail. Captain Sull is out of surgery and she’s expected to make a full recovery, in time. But, the main reason for my call is…my Chief Security/Tactical Officer, Lieutenant Kaaha Charrothe’s parents were transported from the power facility by New Rakantha directly to Sickbay, which is where I am now, and our Doctor removed Xenomorph embryos from both of his parents. Right now they’re both inside stasis containers, under a Level Ten Forcefield. I’ve conferred with my Science Officer, Lieutenant Aurelius and he suggested I contact you in regard to what we should do with them. Would you like them brought back to the Specialized Scientific Laboratories aboard Starbase 34 or should I have them destroyed, Sir?

The Lieutenant Commander thought about having access to the Xenomorph embryos for testing and seeing if he could find an easier way to kill them with portable weapons and realized if he didn’t speak up, the Admiral may make a rash decision and have Capt Bennet kill the specimens.

Lt. Commander Joffee: Admiral, if I may speak! Those creatures would be an excellent way to find out what makes them tick, let alone find a way to kill them with weapons that can be supplied to everyone that would need them, especially aboard ships, stations and bases. It would be irresponsible to pass on a situation like this, Sir!

The Science Officer who was now in charge of the Specialized Scientific Laboratories aboard SB34 since Prof Brewer was murdered aboard Event Horizon’s classified mission had strong feeling that the specimens would be an awesome addition to his studies in the lab. Not to mention, if they could be bred to work as soldiers, they would make an excellent force to use against hostiles like the Jem’Hadar if the Dominion decided to break the agreement with the Federation and its allies! Perhaps if they’re spared termination, LtCmdr Joffee would keep one at the lab and send the other one to Omega Base where the people in Omega Sector can get to work on breeding them as weapons!

Post Mon May 08, 2023 2:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck had the urge to want to go over to LtCmdr Joffee and smack him in the back of his head! Was Michael completely unaware of what would happen if just one of those things escaped? All it takes is one to get loose in a Starbase and it would be nearly impossible to get rid of! It would eventually grow to become a Queen and find a place in the base to lay its eggs and start sending Facehuggers to collect victims in order to create Drones to wreak utter havoc on a Starbase! But being as professional as the Admiral was, he was not going to go over to LtCmdr Joffee and strike him for speaking his mind. But dishing the Science Officer some sarcasm was well within Aeryck’s forte.

Adm Arayuss: Gee, Michael…that’s a wonderful idea…NOT! If just one of those things got loose for any reason, it would be the end of that base! They need to be extinguished from the universe as far as I’m concerned!

Looking back towards the Main Viewscreen, Aeryck addressed Capt Bennet. The Admiral could sense her anxiety over coming to him for what she deeply wanted to do, with the fear Adm Arayuss would order the Captain to keep the embryos secure until they arrived at SB34.

Adm Arayuss: Captain, you have my full support to destroy those things at your earliest convenience! Use whatever means you deem necessary! I do not even want their remains aboard Starbase 34! As you may know, dematerializing them with a Phaser is useless, so find another way to get rid of them. The sooner they are off Eureka, the safer we will all be. Arayuss out!

When the channel closed, the CinC returned to the CO’s chair in the center of the Bridge. Aeryck looked over at LtCmdr Joffee to make sure the Science Officer was not upset at the way the Admiral spoke to him a short time ago. Adm Arayuss sensed from Michael that he was not saddened or upset over the way he was addressed on the Bridge. LtCmdr Joffee had a very thick skin and was not easily offended. This was good in a sense that Aeryck knew he could use Romulan candor on him and not have to be worried Michael would get all depressed that he was spoken to like a fool in front of other officers.

Post Tue May 09, 2023 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

Tony thought the Admiral’s sarcasm was quite humorous when he spoke to LtCmdr Joffee regarding the shooting down of his idea of having the Xenomorph embryos on Eureka brought back to the Specialized Scientific Laboratories for studying. Being that the Chief Science Officer was only thinking of the scientific aspects of the bringing the embryos to SB34, the Vice Admiral wasn’t going to hold LtCmdr Joffee accountable for his ignorance. While Tony was seated to the right of Adm Arayuss, they heard from the Ops Station regarding a transmission from Whitestar.

Ens Toretto: Admiral, we’re receiving a Priority One message for you from Captain Daqtorgh aboard Whitestar!

Looking over at the Admiral, Tony wondered if he would be taking the call on the Bridge or in the Ready Room.

VAdm Martinelli: Looks like it’s a Priority One message, marked for your eyes only, Admiral. I wonder what Daqtorgh wants to talk to you about?

Keeping an eye on Adm Arayuss, Tony was understandably curious as to what the CO of Whitestar was calling the CinC about. Part of Tony wished the Admiral would remain on the Bridge where he was seated and take the call from Capt Daqtorgh here. But the Vice Admiral also understood if the message was private that Adm Arayuss would use proper decorum and speak to the Captain from the terminal inside the Ready Room.

Post Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck stood up from the Center Chair and turned towards VAdm Martinelli before responding to Ens Toretto. If Capt Daqtorgh needed a private conversation with the Admiral, he was indeed going to get it.

Adm Arayuss: Looks like whatever Captain Daqtorgh is calling about, I'm going to find out very soon! You have the Bridge, Tony! Ensign Toretto, I’ll be taking the call in the Ready Room, transfer Captain Daqtorgh there!

Crossing the Command Deck, the Admiral walked to the doors of the Ready Room and entered. Looking at the spartan lack of decoration in the CO’s Office reminded Adm Arayuss of the previous Commanding Officer, Captain Marino who was killed in the line of duty during Sutherland’s last mission to Sector Epsilon. Sitting behind the desk, Aeryck activated the terminal and saw the face of Capt Daqtorgh looking back at him from the interior of Whitestar’s Ready Room.

Adm Arayuss: How can I help you, Captain Daqtorgh?

The CinC waited for the CO of Whitestar to tell him the reason for a Priority One message, suggesting that it had to be of profound importance. Aeryck knew that Capt Daqtorgh wouldn’t be misusing the channel type if it was a simple question that could’ve been asked while the Admiral was on the Bridge. To do so would be a violation of Federation Regulations.

Post Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

Since Adm Arayuss was in the Ready Room, Tony was now in charge of the Bridge and he was curious how things were going on at the extraction site. When Whitestar departed the Kotha Tremali System, it left behind the 58th Squadron to watch over the safe evacuation of the children being checked out by Infiniti’s Chief Physician and his assistants. While the Squadron of SA-43X’s were above the extraction site, MGen Alderez was currently in charge of them. The Vice Admiral got up from the XO’s chair and walked over to the Situation Station at the rear of the Bridge, where the Major General was positioned.

VAdm Martinelli: Hey General, have you checked in with Captain Vansen yet to see how things are going down there at the extraction site? With all the people who’ve lost their lives to Xenomorph procreation, there must be quite a lot of them down there. We wouldn’t want an entire hoard of those creatures surprising the Marines down on the surface.

The Chief of Fleet Operations remained with MGen Alderez and waited on Rex to contact MCpt Vansen in her Hammerhead Starfighter and have the Marine Captain check in at regular intervals. That way if a hoard of Xenomorphs were stampeding towards the extraction site, they would know about it immediately and issue the orders necessary to impede the approaching creatures from getting their hands on any of the children or the Marines and Medical Staff sent down there to assist with their evacuation from New Bajor.

Post Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex immediately looked over at VAdm Martinelli and felt somewhat embarrassed that he hadn’t gotten in touch with MCpt Vansen since the 58th Squadron was turned over to the Major General so they could remain over the extraction site, while Whitestar proceeded to check the vessels that departed from New Bajor recently. Shaking his head to indicate that he hadn’t contacted MCpt Vansen yet, Rex reluctantly told the Vice Admiral of his oversight.

MGen Alderez: My apologies, Admiral Martinelli. I was waiting on Captain Vansen to contact me first, it was an oversight on my part that I will rectify immediately!

Using the Companel on the Mission Status Console, Rex called out to MCpt Vansen…

MGen Alderez: General Alderez to Queen of Diamonds! What’s the status of the extraction site? Are there any Xenomorphs in the area? Let me know the status of the Wildcards as well!

The Fleet Marine Force Commandant waited for MCpt Vansen’s response as he looked over towards VAdm Martinelli and could see that the Chief of Fleet Operations was waiting patiently as well to hear back from the leader of the Wildcards. While they waited, Rex wondered what Adm Arayuss was talking to Capt Daqtorgh about. Since it was on a Priority One Channel, it had to be something truly important. Otherwise, the Captain could be brought up on charges for misuse, which was a felony under Federation Law.

Post Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MCPT Vansen
Marine Captain

Extraction Site - New Bajor  Reply with quote  

While Shane was flying her SA-43X above the extraction site in formation with the other members of the Wildcards, she heard the voice of MGen Alderez over the headset in her helmet. The Marine Captain used her visual scanning and saw no signs of any Xenomorphs on the horizon that would lead from the city of New Rakantha to where the children were being examined and evacuated. Just as a precaution, Shane also engaged the motion sensor to see if there was any movement coming from the city as well and there was none. Tapping the button on the side of her cockpit, the Marine Captain responded to MGen Alderez.

MCpt Vansen: Queen of Diamonds here, General! There’s no sign of any Xenomorphs in the area. Visual scanning and motion sensors detect nothing at all! We’re all operating at peak performance, and we’re keeping a weathered eye on the horizon!

The Deputy Detachment Wing Commander waited on a confirmation from MGen Alderez that the message was received. While doing so, Shane looked over at the other Hammerheads and could see the other pilots giving her thumbs up, indicating that they were fine and there was no sign of any Xenomorphs on the horizon that they could detect as well. This pleased MCpt Vansen since her deepest fear was to see a hoard of those creatures approaching the orphaned children waiting patiently to escape this wretched Hell-Hole the Bajoran paradise had become.

Post Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Bridge - Deck 1 - USS Sutherland  Reply with quote  

The Major General was ecstatic over the good news he heard from MCpt Vansen regarding the status of the Wildcards and there being no signs of any Xenomorphs in the area! With cheer in his voice, Rex responded to the Marine Captain so he wouldn’t be keep her waiting.

MGen Alderez: Queen of Diamonds, that is outstanding! Give me updates at regular intervals, Alderez out!

The Fleet Marine Force Commandant didn’t want to hold up the Deputy Detachment Wing Commander any longer, so he cut the conversation short. Rex knew MCpt Vansen needed to be without distraction while having to use her visual scanning of the horizon so she could spot any Xenomorphs coming towards the extraction site. MGen Alderez looked over at VAdm Martinelli with a nod and a smile, as if to say All is well down there! before returning his attention to the Mission Status Console so he could keep an eye on the SA-43X’s over the extraction site.

Post Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: