Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. WHITESTAR

Mission 2 - Investigate New Bajor's Silence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LT Thomas
Lieutenant

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

The Lieutenant shook his head in disbelief as he replied to Capt Daqtorgh. Dylan spoke as politely as possible out of respect for the rank of the person he was speaking to. Even though Lt. Thomas was annoyed with the Captain for thinking Dylan miscalculated the speed while towing the Starliner.

Lt. Thomas: Our current velocity is the fastest we can travel while towing the Galactic Princess with the Tractor Beam. No amount of calculations is going to change that, regardless of how impatient we become, Sir.

The Chief Flight Control Officer sat at his station and listened for the response from his best friend, Lt. Mitchell, on what their orders were going to be. Dylan wouldn't mind continuing their quest to find more ships on the manifest and check them for Xenomorph infestations. The Lieutenant also didn't mind shore leave on their home base either. Both choices were quite lucrative in the opinion of Lt. Thomas. Then there was going back to New Bajor to wait in line to take on refugees. There wasn't much excitement there, Dylan would just be sitting at his station, twiddling his thumbs. The choice was apparently up to Como Carpathia, so that is who they were all waiting to hear back from after Cole sends the message.

Post Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Mitchell
Lieutenant

Cole did as Capt Daqtorgh ordered him to, and sent the message to the Commodore aboard the USS Infiniti. While waiting for a response, the Lieutenant informed the Captain that his message was sent to Como Carpathia.

Lt. Mitchell: Aye Captain! Message sent to Infiniti. Awaiting response from Commodore Carpathia now...

The Chief Operations Officer kept the channel open while waiting for a reply message from the Division 1 Commander. While Cole waited, he continued checking the sensors for any signs of malevolent ships in their vicinity. If there was any suspicious vessels in the area, the Lieutenant would warn Capt Daqtorgh immediately!

Post Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ENS Garcia
Ensign

Luís looked up at Capt Daqtorgh and told the large Klingon what he was hoping their orders would be once Lt. Mitchell heard back from Como Carpathia. The young boy liked being out in space and being on missions. It was very exciting, to say the least!

Ens Garcia: I hope we get to remain on our mission and continue checking all the vessels on the manifest to make sure there are no Xenomorphs aboard. We definitely don't want any of those ships infecting Starbase 34 or another inhabited planet.

The Yeoman hoped he didn't speak out of turn and didn't need to get a response from Capt Daqtorgh. Luís was just stating what he hoped the Commodore would order Whitestar to do once the Galactic Princess was in a stable orbit around SB34 and all the refugees aboard the Akira Class vessel were transported over to the Starbase.

Post Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LT Mitchell
Lieutenant

While the Lieutenant was continually running the scans for hostile vessels in the immediate area and using the Long Range Sensors for the same purpose, the return message came in from the USS Infiniti! Cole read it aloud for Capt Daqtorgh and the rest of the crew on the Bridge to hear…

Lt. Mitchell: Captain, we got a response from Commodore Carpathia! He states that we are to continue seeking the vessels on the manifest after the Galactic Princess has been placed in a safe orbit around Starbase 34 and all the refugees we’re carrying are transported over to the Starbase! We’re to render assistance to any and all ships we come across that may be infested with Xenomorphs!

Cole could hear the sighs of relief and muddled cheers around the Bridge at the orders they were hoping for were confirmed by Como Carpathia!

Lt. Mitchell: There we have it, Captain! We don’t have to remain at Starbase 34 after we leave the Starliner in orbit and drop off all of the refugees! There are also no malevolent vessels in the area or in our path to our home port, Sir!

The Chief Operations Officer went back to running continuous sensor sweeps of the area to make sure there were no hostiles in the vicinity. Seeing that there was nothing really out there but the transport vessels a distance ahead of them, Whitestar and the Galactic Princess were in no danger for the time being.

Post Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CAPT Daqtorgh
Captain

Daqtorgh smiled with a nod of affirmation! The Captain was quite pleased Whitestar did not have to dock inside SB34 and call off the rest of the search for vessels on New Bajor’s manifest. Looking towards the Ops/Com and Flight Control Stations at the front of the Bridge, Daqtorgh called out to both Lt. Mitchell and Lt. Thomas.

Capt Daqtorgh: Thank you, Mr. Mitchell! Please return a hearty thank you to the Commodore for me. Mr. Thomas, it looks like it’s smooth sailing all the way to Starbase 34.

The Captain looked down at the young Yeoman seated to his left and responded to what Daqtorgh heard Luís say before Lt. Mitchell read Como Carpathia’s orders aloud.

Capt Daqtorgh: It appears you got your wish, Luís! We’re going back out after we drop off the cruise ship and the refugees at our home base in the Gamma Quadrant!

After seeing the smiling face of Ens Garcia looking up at him, the Captain winked back at the child before turning to the Acting XO seated to Daqtorgh’s right.

Capt Daqtorgh: You have the Bridge, Mr. Skonch! I am off to Sickbay to speak to Commander Ashborn.

Daqtorgh got up from the center chair and crossed the Command Deck to the Turbolift and rode the lift down to Deck 4. Exiting swiftly and going down the corridor, the Captain entered Sickbay and saw that the EMH was still at work on Dr. Tudismaque’s remains.

Capt Daqtorgh: Doctor, is it alright for me to speak with Commander Ashborn at this time?

The EMH looked up from Jacques’s body to see Capt Daqtorgh standing in the middle of Sickbay, and replied in his usual mannerism.

EMH Doctor: Of course, Captain! Commander Ashborn is still grieving, but is more than capable to answer your line of questioning. I am almost finished with Dr. Tudismaque’s autopsy, so I will have the report to you shortly.

The Captain smiled at the EMH and thanked him for what he was doing with Jacques’ remains, then turned to Cmdr Ashborn laying on the Biobed and spoke to his First Officer in a low toned voice.

Capt Daqtorgh: Thank you, for what you’re doing with Dr. Tudismaque’s remain Doctor. I’ll be over here with the Commander if you need me. Chase, how are you feeling?

The CO waited to hear Cmdr Ashborn respond to his inquiry as he remained by the XO’s side. Daqtorgh knew there was no rush to get to the Bridge since Cmdr Skonch was temporarily in command. The Captain knew Vulcan integrity was quite impressive and also very cautious. There was no way Mr. Skonch would put Whitestar in any harm without letting Capt Daqtorgh know about it in advance. So the Captain could rest assured the Akira Class Starship was in very good hands at this time.

Post Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Ashborn
Commander

Sickbay - Deck 4  Reply with quote  

Chase looked up from his bed and saw Capt Daqtorgh standing over him, asking how he was feeling. The Commander knew that less than an hour had passed since the Captain was here before, so Cmdr Ashborn was hoping Capt Daqtorgh wasn't expecting the grieving process to have already run its course in that short amount of time.

Cmdr Ashborn: I'll be okay, Captain. It's just, losing our young and brilliant Doctor is just eating me up inside. If only we could've beamed back a few moments sooner...

The XO laid there still feeling numb over the death of Dr. Tudismaque, how his young life had been extinguished at the hands of and jaws of a hideous creature hell-bent on killing. Chase thought about the rest of those things back on New Bajor and how they were going to meet their fate with the use of the Genesis Device. With the Genesis Effect wiping them right out of existence, it almost brought a smile to Cmdr Ashborn's face.

Post Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CAPT Daqtorgh
Captain

Daqtorgh knew it wasn’t long ago that he was down here checking on Cmdr Ashborn, but the news of their mission was very excitable and the Klingon Captain just had to inform the Commander of their assignment from Como Carpathia!

Capt Daqtorgh: Commander Ashborn, I know it’s only been an hour but I have come down to share news from the Commodore! We’re going after more of the vessels on the manifest instead of us staying docked at Starbase 34 so I thought I would deliver the news personally! I’m also really upset about the loss of our young doctor, too young of a life cut short. The impression he made on the crew was quite memorable. I’m going make a formal request to Starfleet that we rename Whitestar’s medical area, the Dr. Jacques Z. Tudismaque Memorial Sickbay. All I’m waiting for is the autopsy results to make my formal report to Starfleet Command. It’s common aboard ships in the Klingon Defense Force to name areas of our vessels after those who died honorably. I thought it would be a respectful memoriam to the late Doctor. What are your thoughts on that, Commander?

The CO remained at Cmdr Ashborn’s bed side and waited for his XO to let him know what his thoughts were on naming the Sickbay after Dr. Tudismaque. Daqtorgh though it was a good idea since it was customary in the KDF, that Starfleet would approve his suggestion for the dedication plaque in the entrance to the Medical area of the Akira Class Starship. Capt Daqtorgh wished he got to know the Doctor, from the way his death had affected the rest of the crew, Jacques had to be an excellent physician, surgeon, and friend to almost everyone aboard the USS Whitestar.

Post Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Ashborn
Commander

Chase thought about what Capt Daqtorgh had said about a dedication plaque for Dr. Tudismaque and thought it was a very nice gesture. Although it was not common for Starfleet to name any particular locations aboard Starships after fallen crew members that died in the line of duty. The Commander liked the idea since Jacques was such a well liked individual aboard Whitestar.

Cmdr Ashborn: I really like the idea, but I'm not sure Starfleet Command will approve it since it's not common practice for areas of a Starship to be named after members of the crew lost in the line of duty. But I support your initiative to send the request in for it, Sir.

The XO sat up on the Biobed and shook the Captain's hand as a way to thank him for his suggestion. Chase hoped the approval from Starfleet Command would come through and they could have a dedication ceremony in memoriam for Dr. Tudismaque. Jacques always had a smile on his face and was a pleasure to work with. Cmdr Ashborn regretted having to inform Dr. Brewer that his one time Assistant Medical Officer had been killed while waiting to beam off a cruise ship infested with Xenomorphs. The Commander would have to write the former Doctor of Whitestar as soon as possible and have it sent to Earth when they got to SB34.

Post Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: