Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. INFINITI

Mission 0 - Pre-Launch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

As the CO awaits the handshake and response from LtCmdr Hennings, the door chime is heard.

Capt Carpathia: That must be our Executive Officer, Commander Cypher. Come in Mr. Cypher!

He awaits to see the man enter his Ready Room that will be the XO of Infiniti and serve with him on this mission, and hopefully many more to come.

Last edited by COMO Carpathia on Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Hennings

After the Captain takes the Admirals call, Aaron follows suit and takes the Captain?s hand.

Lt. Commander Hennings: Thank you Sir. Yes, my accommodations will do just fine. I am also very eager to see what the Infiniti has to offer, I have studied the specs very closely. I hope they are more than what they appear to be on the PADDs. I am sure I will be able to figure out the systems quite easily. If that is all Captain, it was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to serving with you. I must go finish unpacking, and then I will return to the bridge to get better acquainted with the ship.

Commander Hennings stands at attention and then leaves the Captain?s Ready Room. While exiting he passes the XO of the Infiniti, smiles and says "Hello Commander." As Aaron proceeds to his quarters via the Turbo Lift, he thinks of how well that first meeting went with the Captain. Thinking to himself, and hoping the Captain turns out to be as nice as he seems. Entering his quarters Aaron begins to unpack his personal items, he sits on his bed going through some of his old pictures. Stumbling upon his old Academy friend Blake, wishing he would have kissed him when he had the chance. Coming out of his daze Aaron continues making his quarters home.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:49 pm   
MR Cypher

As the doors open to the Captain's Ready Room he noticed a LtCmdr exiting the room. So as any good officer does the LtCmdr smiled and said "Hello." to him. Cypher nodded and said "Hello." back and proceeded into the Ready Room and approached the Captain and stood at attention.

Cmdr Cypher: Commander Cypher reporting for duty as ordered sir.

As Cypher stands there waiting for the Captain's response he becomes nervous all of a sudden because he always heard the first impression is the most important thing. As he stands there waiting and sweating bullets he thinks how much it is an honor to be on this fine ship and to serve under one of the greatest captains in the fleet.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:35 pm   
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Seeing Cmdr Cypher standing there at attention showed the CO right away that this was a man of honor and that integrity was important to him. The CO extended his hand in friendship to the XO and spoke with sincerity.

Capt Carpathia: Cmdr Cypher, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. RAdmiral Arayuss recommended you highly for this position, and since he's a personal friend of mine for many years, I immediately took him up on asking that you be assigned to Infiniti. I hope that you found your quarter's accomodating and that you'll feel at home. I truly look forward to having you as my Executive Officer, Number One.

The CO said smiling at the end showing that he has high hopes that they will get along well and share many missions together. While standing there with the XO he again established a telepathic link with RAdmiral Arayuss.

Capt Carpathia: You're absolutely right, he's seems like an excellent man for the job. Thank you for recommending him.

RAdm Arayuss: It was no problem E.J. Take good care of him, he's a friend of mine too.

While smiling, the telepathic link was severed and he focused his attention to his XO and awaited his response.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Cypher

As Commander Cypher sees the Captain extend his hand in friendship Cypher relaxes and shakes the Captain's hand. He tries to find the right words to say.

Cmdr Cypher: I thank you for giving me this chance to serve with you aboard this ship. I will do my job the best I can and I hope not to fail you in the process.

When he got done talking he realize he was still shaking the Captain's hand and he suddenly felt dumb. So he let go of hishand and stood there and replied.

Cmdr Cypher: Captain, what are your first orders for me?

He stands there waiting for the Captain to give him is first orders as XO of this fine ship he serves on...

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:26 pm   
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Realizing the XO is doing his best to relax, he spoke to him in a kind and sincere voice.

Capt Carpathia: The first thing you can do for me Number One is relax and make yourself at home. Just so you know, I have the greatest confidence in you and feel that I made the correct decision in requesting your assignment to Infiniti. Right now the ship's systems are on standby since were docked at the Starbase and the warp core is offline. We're waiting on the arrival of our Engineering staff to come aboard and get the core online, so if you could monitor their arrival and let me know when they're going to start it I would really appreciate it?

The CO stood there with a friendly smile on his face, hoping the XO would take on the task.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Cypher

As he stood there listening to what the Captain wanted him to do, he realized that he has relaxed more now then when he first entered the room. As the Captain got done talking he soaked up the first duty orders like a sponge and then he replied.

Cmdr Cypher: Aye Sir. I'll get right on that right now. Permission to leave sir.

Commander Cypher stood there waiting for the Captain's response so he can get right to work.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:55 pm   
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Pleased with the XO's response, the CO smiled and spoke in a casual manner.

Capt Carpathia: You're dismissed, Number One.

The CO returned to his desk and brought up the status files of the other officers he requested be assigned to Infiniti. Seeing that both LtCmdr Al?jandro Delgado and Lt William Trylon have been accepted brought a large smile to his face. He now had an excellent pilot for his ship and an experienced OPS officer as well.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Cypher

When the Captain dismissed him he turned around and headed for the door, but before he left he stopped and spoke.

Cmdr Cypher: It's an honor to be serving with you sir.

With that being said, Cypher left and started on his first duty as XO of the starship called INFINITI.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:16 pm   
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

After the XO left the Ready Room to assume his duties the CO activated the terminal on his desk and made another log entry. After it was completed he went to the replicator and got himself a glass of chilled water. As he returned to his desk, he sat deeply in his chair and relaxed. The meeting with his XO went extremely well, as did the meeting with the CSO. Now he could relax and wait for the remaining members of the Command staff and crew to arrive. His XO would be letting him know when the Engineering staff arrives and when the core will be going online. He takes a drink of the water and leans back in the chair and looks out the windows of the Ready Room at Starbase 34. His new port of call...

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: