Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Thom's Tavern

Waiting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mr Quinn

James was quick to reply.

1Lt. Quinn: Nah, my family lives back on Earth, I have no wife or kids.

Quinn drank what was left of the scotch and put the glass down, which motivated the Waiter to walk over.

Tavern Waiter: Would you like another?

1Lt. Quinn: No thanks.

He turned his attention back to the General and made an inquiry of his own.

1Lt. Quinn: So what about you? Do you have any family here?

James waited on Rex's reply as he looked at the other patrons who were seated around the tavern.

Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:51 am   
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex didn't respond right away. He finished chewing the piece of steak he just placed in his mouth, before replying.

BGen Alderez: Just my son and I are here on SB34. My wife was killed in a transporter malfunction three years ago. My son is ten now and I've been raising Jordan myself. After losing his mother, there was no way I could leave him somewhere and visit him when I'm on leave. I take him everywhere I'm stationed. If he can't go, then I won't go. Simple logic.

Rex continued eating his meal as he waited on a reply from 1Lt. Quinn.

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr Quinn

James was surprised at what happened to the General's wife. He hadn't heard of a transporter accident happening in a long time.

1Lt. Quinn: Transporter accident? Hmm...that's pretty rare.

Quinn he leaned back in his chair and continued.

1Lt. Quinn: So, what exactly happened to the Infiniti on her last mission?

James waited on the General's reply as he sat in the chair looking aat the decor of the tavern.

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:22 am   
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex sat there silently for a few moments before replying to the Lieutenant.

BGen Alderez: Rare as it was, it ended her life.

He paused to finish the last of his steak before he continued.

BGen Alderez: Infiniti was sent out to Sector Omicron to locate the civilian science vessel, Kankakee. When they found it, they also ran into what killed the entire crew, less one survivor. Apparently there's some kind of doorway and a species known as the Deltauran emerged and started attacking the crew of Infiniti. They didn't come through using a vessel, they appeared within the ship itself! They reproduce by some how incubating inside members of the crew and their whole body swells up and hardens like a shell. Then one of those things come bursting out, full grown and ready to attack! Phaser fire is completely useless on them. I was using transphasic weapons on Explorer to vaporize them so that Infiniti's crew could regain control of the ship. They got out of the area, and they're towing Kankakee back here. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. From what I heard, they lost fifty-seven people on this mission. I'm sure Commodore Carpathia isn't taking it well. He's a good man and everyone aboard his ship is like family.

Rex finished off his baked potato while he waited on a response from 1Lt. Quinn.

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr Quinn

Quinn leaned back in his chair and replied to the General.

1Lt. Quinn: Well then it looks like I'm gonna have my work cut out for me. That's okay, I enjoy a challenge.

He waited on any further replies from Rex.

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:45 am   
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex finished his plate and slid it away from himself and tossed his napkin on to it.

BGen Alderez: You got that right, Lieutenant. Infiniti is a great ship, I'd serve on it myself if it were allowed .

He leaned back in his chair, and pondered a thought.

BGen Alderez: Do you happen to have another one of those?

Rex jestured towards the cigar the Lieutenant had been smoking. Perhaps the young officer's outdated method of rebellion was just what he needed to complete the ambiance of the mood.

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr Quinn

James was a little surprised, and responded quickly.

1Lt. Quinn: Hmm? Oh yeah.

Quinn pulled out a cigar case and handed one to the General, he then pulled out a lighter and offered him a light.

1Lt. Quinn: So what do you have to do now, regarding the old Marine Commander?

He waited on the General's reply while offering him the light for the cigar.

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:23 am   
MGEN Alderez
Major General

The General took the cigar from 1Lt. Quinn and leaned forward accepting the offer to light it.

BGen Alderez: Thank you, James. A good meal, a good cigar, and in good company. Cheers!

Rex took a puff from the cigar, and raised his glass of tequila to salute the occasion.

BGen Alderez: Well, once Infiniti is docked he'll be transferred to our detention area. After that I will process him to be sent back to Starfleet Marine Corps HQ for a hearing. Now if he actually makes it there, would be something all together.

He smiled as he took another puff from the cigar and relaxed in the chair.

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CMDR Jovic
Commander - Provisional

Dragana finished her beverage and placed the empty glass on the table and looked around the tavern. She noticed that General Alderez was seated with the other Marine that was in here earlier when she entered. Dragana got up from where she was seated and walked over to the two Marines and introduced herself.

Lt. Jovic: Hello, I am Lieutenant Dragana Jovic. A Romulan member of the Interspecies Medical Exchange Program. I've been assigned as Chief Medical Officer aboard the USS Spectre, which hasn't launched yet. May I join you at your table?

She remained standing, waiting for either BGen Alderez or 1Lt. Quinn to invite her to take a seat or decline her request to join them.

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mr Quinn

Quinn looked up at her and smiled.

1Lt. Quinn: Sure go ahead take a seat, I don't think the General would mind.

Quinn called the waiter over, he decided he wanted something to eat.

1Lt. Quinn: I'll get the salmon.

The waiter nodded and returned to the kitchen to place his order.

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:11 pm   

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: