Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Thom's Tavern

Waiting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LTJG Russ
Lt. Junior Grade

The Ensign entered the Tavern and looked around and saw faces she never saw before. They had to be new arrivals from the Alpha Quadrant and being the Administrative Assistant to the Commander-in-Chief, it was her duty to make them feel welcome.

Ens Russ: Welcome to Starbase 34. I'm Ensign Andrea Russ, Administrative Assistant to the Commander-in-Chief of Gamma Fleet. If there's anything I can do to make your stay here more comfortable, do not hesitate to let me know. As I heard a Vorta once say, I live to serve.

Andrea smiled at her own sense of humor and hoped the Starfleet officers she was speaking to also enjoyed it. The Ensign hoped she wasn't intruding on their conversation.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Tyler
Lieutenant

Nick turned from Arrayah to the one who just spoke, a female Ensign in Command red. After she introduced herself, Nick put on a polite smile.

Lt. JG Tyler: Oh, uh, hello. Lieutenant Junior Grade Nick Tyler, soon to be Assistant Tacical/Security Officer on the USS Oriskany when I can report for duty. Today, just tending the bar, I guess.

The Vorta joke had gone almost right over his head, namely because he was not even of age to put his application to Starfleet Academy forward when the Dominion War broke out. Being only 25 and starting his third year in Starfleet didn't leave him much time for any real stories.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LTJG Russ
Lt. Junior Grade

The Ensign gave the Lieutenant with the Security yellow color in his uniform a seriously solomn look. She knew that Oriskany was in serious jeapordy and that they lost their Captain on the current mission.

Ens Russ: I see. Well, Oriskany is due back along with Infiniti and Whitestar as soon as the Marines clear out the Deltaurans that are occupying the ship. Admiral Arayuss and General Alderez are both out there dealing with it now. Captain Harris was killed when the Deltaurans first came aboard, so the Admiral gave a field promotion to Commander Reich making him the Captain now. There's been a lot of turmoil on that ship and I know they've lost some of their crew. I don't have an updated manifest of their casualties yet. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Andrea didn't like being the bearer of bad tidings, but she wanted the Lieutenant to be aware of the current condition his vessel was in. She knew when Oriskany returned it was going to be in need of many repairs. It was highly unlikely either of the two vessels would be launching shortly after their return to SB34.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR Arrayah
Lt. Commander

Arrayah chuckled at the Vorta joke of the Ensign. However the smile on the lips of the soon to be Counselor of the USS Oriskany faded as she listened to the Ensign talk about the current events in the area. Arrayah had heard of the dealings the three ships had been encountering.

Extending her hand toward their host, she offered in a more serious tone than she'd been using.

Lt. Commander Arrayah: Ensign, I'm Lt. Commander Arrayah. I've been receiving updates from Starfleet, but if you find out anything new, I'd like to be informed immediately. I want to be prepared as much as possible to deal with the crew members. I have been assigned quarters to work from and I think, for the most part, they will suffice for my needs.

Arrayah had been familiarizing herself with the crew, both those who'd passed on and those who were recently promoted. She was going to have her work cut out for her very soon.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Tyler
Lieutenant

Nick blinked hard, gears suddenly switching over to Tactical/Security from just messing around. He straightened his jacket as he looked at the Ensign.

Lt. JG Tyler: Ensign, you think I can get a full sitrep on these...Deltaurans and any further tactical information that I can get clearence on? I'd rather show up on the Oriskany prepared.

He set his glass down, all kidding aside now. Tyler had switched over to on-duty mode. Nick wasn't going to walk into a fight blindly.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LTJG Russ
Lt. Junior Grade

Andrea understood the concerns of LtCmdr Arrayah and Lt. JG Tyler. It was her job to accomodate them while they stayed aboard SB34. She would see to fulfilling their needs as best she could.

Ens Russ: I'll keep you posted on anything else I hear, Commander Arrayah.

The Ensign looked over towards Lt. JG Tyler as she continued speaking.

Ens Russ: Admiral Martinelli is in his office meeting with our Chief of Security, Commander Marino. He'll be filling the Commander in on everything they have on the Deltaurans. You may want to get in on that since nothing will be withheld about them.

When the Bartender came by, he brought her the usual glass of iced tea that she liked. It helped keep her relaxed and reminded her of days passed, when she was growing up in Minnesota.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Tyler
Lieutenant

Nick nodded, already chugging the last of his soda back and paying his tab as nessesary.

Lt. JG Tyler: Just tell me where I need to go and who I need to inform that I'll be there, and I'll go ahead and get going. They may have just booted me off the USS Nova, but I'm not walking into this blindly.

He stood up, a different look and feel about him as he had switched to a more professional mode. Nick took his job seriously. That was the second lesson he learned on the Nova.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LTJG Russ
Lt. Junior Grade

The Ensign took a sip of her iced tea while moving her blonde hair behind her ears before turning back to Lt. JG Tyler.

Ens Russ: I can inform Admiral Martinelli that you wish to meet with him and Commander Marino regarding the Deltaurans. He's the Chief of Fleet Operations and his office is on the Administration level.

Andrea drank more of the tea as she listened for any more requests from either LtCmdr Arrayah, Lt. JG Tyler, or even Lt. JG Syntranos, who had been relatively quiet as he sat beside a civilian merchant.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Tyler
Lieutenant

Nick nodded at Ensign Russ.

Lt. JG Tyler: Alright. I'll head there now. I've got my Combadge of course if anything else develops. Right now, I can't be sitting on my rump, sipping soda and slamming back a shot when I've got work to do. As my mentor on the Nova told me: 'Never pass up a chance to learn more'.

He nodded to Arrayah

Lt. JG Tyler: It was a pleasure, Commander.

Nick then headed for the door for the Administration Level. One thing was for sure, he was going to at least try to make a good impression. It's not every day that a junior officer leaps at the chance to go sit in a briefing with the Chief of Operations. Nick didn't want the full pip on his collar. He wanted to do his job right.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LCDR Arrayah
Lt. Commander

Arrayah sat back, watching the Jr. Officer head off. She reached for her drink, stirring the now diluted contents, then looked up at the Ensign.

Lt. Commander Arrayah: You've been most helpful, Ensign. I'm not quite ready to let everyone know I'm the new Oriskany Counselor. Although I suspect you and the officers here know it. If you'd let the Admiral or Commander know I'd like to meet with them, I'd appreciate that very much.

Sipping the watered down drink through her straw, she started putting on her own game face. It wasn't hard or all business, it was soft and encouraging, one that would invite others to talk while she listened.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: