Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Thom's Tavern

Waiting
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mr Quinn

Waiting  Reply with quote  

Quinn walked in and sat down at one of the tables, he had been assigned to the Infiniti but the ship was still out and Quinn had to kill time before it arrived. The waiter walked up to his table.

Tavern Waiter: Would you like anything?

Quinn looked up at him and responded.

1Lt. Quinn: Just a scotch on the rocks, is smoking allowed here?

Tavern Waiter: Yes it is, no problem.

1Lt. Quinn: Great.

Quinn pulled out a cigar and lit it up as the waiter went to fetch his drink.

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:19 pm   
CMDR Cypher
Commander

Thom walked in the new tavern and took a look around, he noticed someone had already found themself here and ordered something. He walked over to one of the viewports and decided to stand there and look at the stars a while before he took a seat and ordered.

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Jovic
Commander - Provisional

Dragana entered the tavern and looked over the other occupants before taking a seat by the bay windows at the rear. When the waiter came by, she asked for a fruit cocktail, a drink she found quite enjoyable since she became part of the Physician Exchange Program. She was very happy to work among the different races within the Federation. Being Romulan, there wasn't much interaction between different races back in the Empire, besides dealing with the Remans.

She looked over at the young Marine smoking a cigar and was bewildered why anyone would do something like that, in a time and age when it's obviously detramental to one's health. Being a doctor, it was her position that to intensionally do yourself harm by partaking in an unhealthy activity, was downright stupid.

Dr. Jovic looked over at the other officer that was star gazing out the window, and figured she shouldn't bother him with any idle chat. She didn't like being bothered when she was deep in thought, so she wasn't going to do it to somebody else.

When the waiter returned with her drink, she thanked him properly.

Lt. Jovic: Thank you for your expeditious retrevial of my beverage.

Dragana tasted the drink and was quite pleased that it had the same tropical fruit flavor she experienced on her visit to Earth. She still had time before Spectre would be going on it's first mission, so she relaxed in the tavern and awaited anyone willing to chat.

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex entered the tavern looking for a place to calm down. The information he obtained from Infiniti about the behavior of Major Bath'Ney placed him in a very foul mood. What Bath'Ney did was a disgrace to the Marines Corps. He was going to make sure that Klingon headed straight to Rura Penthe for his dastardly deeds.

He eyed the room and saw the Romulan doctor, sitting alone. She was strikingly beautiful, but appeared to be deep in thought. There was a Lt. Commander gazing out at the stars that also had the look of not wanting to be disturbed. Then his eye caught the familiar green of another Marine. He smiled and walked over to the young officer and introduced himself.

BGen Alderez: Lieutenant, I am Brigadier General Rex Alderez. Gamma Fleet's Marine Force Commandant.

Rex looked down at the empty seat in front of him, and continued.

BGen Alderez: Is this seat taken?

Not waiting for an answer, Rex seated himself across from the 1st Lietenant and looked at the cigar.

BGen Alderez: Smoking I see. You know that's not exactly going to extend your lifespan, but then again, neither does being a Marine.

Amused with himself, he laughed loudly and slapped his hand down on his thigh. Looking towards the bartender, he motioned that he wanted his usual drink. A shot of amarillo. He focused his attention back to the young officer who hadn't spoken up yet and initiated some conversation.

BGen Alderez: What brings you out to the Gamma Quadrant? Good luck or bad?

As he waited on the Marine's reply, his taquila arrived. He assimilated it and slammed the shotglass back down on the table. Rex eyed the officer as he waited for his response.

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr Quinn

Quinn tapped some of the ashes off his cigar and looked at the General.

1Lt. Quinn: Well I'm waiting for my new assignment, apparently I'm the new Marine Detachment Commander aboard the Infiniti, do you know what happened to the last one?

The waiter arrived with Quinn's drink and set it on the table.

1Lt. Quinn: Thank you.

Quinn took a sip of his drink and put it back down, it seemed like it had been years since he last saw some action.

1Lt Quinn: Do you know when the Infiniti is due back?

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:10 am   
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex waved to the bartender to have another drink brought over, and replied to the young Lieutenant.

BGen Alderez: That miserable dung pile deserted his position on the Bridge while the ship was under attack. He felt it was more important to lead the Marines into a situation that would've gotten them all killed, because his wife had been taken out by the Intruders that boarded the vessel. When 2nd Lieutenant Gorman was ordered to relieve him of his command, Bath'Ney killed him. That's when GSgt. Arbor and the squad stunned his ass and took him into custody.

His drink arrived, and he downed it once again.

BGen Alderez: Infiniti is on her way back as we speak, with that Son of a Targ in the Brig. Once it's in the Space Dock they'll transfer his custody to me where I will make damn sure on his way to back to SFMC HQ that his transport is boarded by some Klingons, who feel honor is important, and take his dumb-ass straight to Rura Penthe. Where he can sit out the rest of his life as somebody's bitch.

Rex waved to the bartender once again for another drink. It aggrevated him to no end that Bath'Ney blew it so badly on Infiniti after he was recently promoted to Major. When the drink arrived, he grabbed the waiter's arm and downed the shotglass and placed it back on the waiter's tray.

BGen Alderez: That needs to be refilled.

As the waiter walked away, Rex continued his conversation with 1Lt. Quinn.

BGen Alderez: That pretty much sums it up on what a fucking failure he is as a Marine. So tell me, what kind of Marine are you? Will you make me proud out there, or become another fucking embarrassment like that prick did?

The waiter returned with yet another tequila and placed it before Rex, who downed it once again. The waiter cleared the rest of Rex's empty shotglasses, including the one he just polished off, and returned to his duties.

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr Quinn

Quinn smiled at the General's frustration, he knew the Klingons would not be happy with what happened, Klingon prisons were notoriously bad, he almost felt sorry for the man. Wanting revenge for killing someone's wife is one thing, Quinn could understand why he would be angry, but killing a fellow officer is another.

1Lt. Quinn: It seems only time will tell.

Quinn took a sip of his drink

1Lt. Quinn: But don't worry, I'm dedicated to serving the Federation to the best of my abilities.

He waited on the General's reaction or any other comments.

Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:43 am   
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex smiled and nodded to the Marine officer. He was quite pleased with his reply.

BGen Alderez: That's good to hear. I most certainly don't need another Bath'Ney incident on my watch.

He looked back over to the bartended and motioned with his hand that he wanted to place an order for food. In a few moments, the waiter returned to take the General's order.

BGen Alderez: Steak, sirloin, cooked medium-rare. Baked potato, with butter, and bacon bits.

Tavern Waiter: Would you like a vegetable, Sir?

BGen Alderez: What do you think the potato is?

The waiter nodded and moved quickly through the doors to the kitchen. Rex loved the idea that none of the food at Thom's Tavern were from replicators. They were the genuine article. Returning his attention to 1Lt. Quinn, he continued speaking.

BGen Alderez: Is this your first time in the Gamma Quadrant, Lieutenant?

Rex waited on the Marine's reply, watching him chug on his cigar like it was a forgotten fad resurrected to show rebellion.

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr Quinn

The smile left Quinn's face, he put down his cigar and looked up.

1Lt. Quinn: Yes, this is my first time in the Gamma Quadrant, I served in the Alpha Quadrant before this, aboard the Saratoga. Our ship was assigned to help settle a dispute in sector 003. When we arrived we were immediately called back to battle the Borg in the Battle of Wolf 359. At the time I was leading a small group of Marines simply for security. I only had a little bit of time to get me and my men ready. We arrived and met up with the rest of the ships. We thought it would be easy, there was 40 of us, and only 1 Borg ship. Our job was to transport in, take down their weapons systems and get out. Other teams were assigned to take down the engines and other key systems. As soon as we got in, our ship was destroyed, we tried to continue with the mission but the Borg adapted too fast, we were being surrounded, it seemed like it was over, but the Endeavor beamed me and two others out, we were the only Marines to get out alive. Luckily the Endeavor survived the battle, out of 40 ships it was the only one. I had to watch as my friends were assimilated, I killed one of them, better to be dead then one of them.

James took another drink of his scotch.

1Lt. Quinn: Afterwards I requested to serve aboard the Endeavor, I stayed aboard until I heard about the opening here, and here I am.

He sat there looking into his drink, waiting to hear what the General would say next.

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:41 am   
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex was more relaxed as the tequila worked it's way through his system. Another fine attribute to the tavern was that it didn't serve synthehol. He smiled as he replied to 1Lt. Quinn.

BGen Alderez: Well, I'll say this...Infiniti is a fine vessel to serve on. You should be damn proud to serve aboard her, damn proud...

The waiter returned with his steak and baked potato and Rex couldn't wait to begin eating. He sliced into his steak, cut away the first piece and place it in his mouth and savored the flavor before speaking again.

BGen Alderez: So...did you bring any family with you, or are you out here alone? Since we're so far out, many of the officers and enlisted personnel have brought their families to SB34. That way when their ship is docked they can spend time with them without having to commute back to the Alpha Quadrant to be together. It kind of makes this place home for many of them. That's the main reason the Galleria is so big and filled with entertaining things to do. The kids need a place to play. I find that most adults do too.

Rex began slicing another piece of his steak to enjoy as he waited on 1Lt. Quinn's reply.

Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: