Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. INFINITI

Mission 3 - Delivery to Sector Epsilon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LT Panettiere
Lieutenant

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

Jansen moved over to where Prof Brewer was standing by MGen Alderez and asked him how he was doing and what his thoughts were on everything that happened.

Lt. JG Panettiere: Excuse me, Professor. How are you doing now that this is all over and we'll be at Starbase 34 in less than an hour?

The Lieutenant JG remained by the Professor and waited on his reply. Now that the Deltaurans were wiped out of existence, what would he dedicate his studies to? The Yeoman was really curious and wanted to know.

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PROF Brewer
Civilian Scientist

Professor Brewer was pleasantly surprised when Lt. JG Panettiere approached him with an impromptu conversation regarding all the events that unfolded while defeating the Deltaurans and what the Professor's plans were for his future.

Prof Brewer: Hello, Jansen. I'm so glad we have this time to chat for awhile. I'm sure you feel as I do, that it's a relief that we were victorious in completely wiping out the Deltaurans and all this is over.

The Professor paused for a moment to see what Jansen's reaction would be.

Prof Brewer: It's going to be a thrill to meet with everyone on Starbase 34. I'm sure it will be a happy celebration but also sad remembering all those killed in action. Once all this is over, I plan to return to Terra-Firma of Earth and resume life as it was and be reunited with my brother, Dr. Sonny Brewer.

Lloyd continued with a smile on his face.

Prof Brewer: I know we will enjoy being together again on our home planet, Mother Earth as we take a long hike down the "Yellow Brick Road" to see the Wizard of Oz and to tell him that he and his entire realm are now safe from the scourge of the Deltaurans, thanks to the dedication and bravery of all the men and women of Gamma Fleet . After that, I may join the faculty of a Georgia University. I, and many others, will be happy to learn what you have planned for your future too . Best of luck, young man.

The Professor waited to hear a reply from Lt. JG Panettiere after all that he said to the young Yeoman. He remembered how eager he was to assist him in the Specialized Scientific Laboratories area of SB34, along with Ens DeGrazzio. Their help was invaluable in creating the weapon modifications used to destroy the Deltaurans, as well as the assistance from MGen Alderez and Adm Arayuss of course.

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LT Panettiere
Lieutenant

Jansen was surprised that Prof Brewer was looking to take a position at a university back on Earth. He wondered who would be working in the Specialized Scientific Laboratories on SB34 with the Professor gone. The Yeoman shook it off and answered the Professor regarding his plans for the future.

Lt. JG Panettiere: Well...I haven't made any definite plans yet. It really depends on how long our Shore Leave will be.

The Lieutenant JG really tried shaking it off, but he just couldn't do it.

Lt. JG Panettiere: I know I'm not the only one who is going to miss you once you've gone back to Earth, Professor. Starbase 34 won't be the same without you.

The Yeoman hoped he didn't come off too clingy to the Professor, but he was going to really miss him. Knowing that he wouldn't be in the labs to visit was about to bring tears to his eyes, so again he tried shaking it off.

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT DeGrazzio
Lieutenant

Jayden couldn't help but overhear Prof Brewer and Lt. JG Panettiere talking and the news that the Professor would be leaving SB34 and taking up residence in Georgia, one of the Southern States in North America, took him by surprise.

Ens DeGrazzio: I will miss you terribly, Professor. It makes me sad knowing you won't be on Starbase 34 anymore to work on projects together in the Specialized Scientific Labs.

The Ensign remained at his station on the Bridge, even though he wanted to go over to Prof Brewer and give him a great big hug. He knew they would be going to the ceremony after they docked in SB34, so Jayden was sure to give the Professor a big hug then.

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR D'Shoua
Lt. Commander

Jared monitored the Sec/Tac Station while listening to the conversation on the starboard side of the Bridge. He never really spent time with the Professor since he's been aboard Infiniti, but he knew how much Jansen and Jayden cared for him since they worked together in the Labs on SB34.

Lt. D'Shoua: As far as I know, Professor, Starbase 34 won't be the same without you and you'll be missed by many.

The Lieutenant watched for any sign of a reply from Prof Brewer to all of the sadness of his departure pouring out to him. Jared figured that if need be, he would use his Shore Leave time to take the Professor back to Earth himself, and Lt. JG Panettiere and Ens DeGrazzio would be more than welcome to accompany them on their trek back to Terra-Firma.

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. looked over towards Prof Brewer, MGen Alderez and Lt. JG Panettiere and heard what the Professor said about retiring to Georgia. With all the data they collected in the Deltauran Realm, he figured Prof Brewer would stick around to analyze all of it in his laboratory on SB34.

Como Carpathia: But Professor, don't you want to analyze all the data we collected while we were engaged with the Deltaurans in their realm? All the information is going to be sent to the Specialized Scientific Laboratories and I cannot think of a more qualified person to sift through it all than you.

The Commodore remained looking in the Professor's direction on the Bridge by his Ready Room doors. E.J. was really hoping he gave Prof Brewer something to ponder regarding his retirement on Earth. The Civilian Scientist was just too valuable to the fleet for him to go back and join the faculty of the University of Georgia.

Post Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PROF Brewer
Civilian Scientist

The Professor heard what Como Carpathia's had said about him returning to the University of Georgia on Earth, as well as the concerns from Lt. D'Shoua, Lt. JG Panettiere and Ens DeGrazzio.

Prof Brewer: Commodore, I'm not sure what, or how much data will have to be analyzed, but I will be interested in helping with this anyway I can. I will sure think about delaying or completely terminating my plans to return to the University on Earth.

He continued with a smile on his face showing his gratitude for the affection and confidence he had be shown here on the Bridge.

Prof Brewer: I'm greatly honored that you and others in Gamma Fleet feel that I am qualified for this important work and I certainly don't regret doing this for the good of the Fleet as well as for the preservation of the entire Federation and it's allies. Thank you for letting me know your feelings about my staying on with Gamma Fleet and for your encouragement and confidence in my ability. I'm looking forward to seeing you and all others on Starbase 34.

The Professor kept a smile on his face and looked over at Jared, Jansen and Jayden to see if he cheered them up with his reflection of his duties to them and everyone else here with them in the Gamma Quadrant.

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MGEN Alderez
Major General

Rex was worried about Prof Brewer leaving SB34's Specialized Scientific Laboratories to somebody less experienced, until he heard the Professor respond to Como Carpathia. He was quite relieved to say the least, and wanted to let Prof Brewer know the Marines felt the same way.

MGen Alderez: Professor, I feel that I can speak for all the Marines in Gamma Fleet that we are quite relieved that your plans for relocating to the State of Georgia has been postponed. Working with you on the development of our new Modified Phaser Rifles was invaluable to us in our victory over the Deltaurans. Without your knowledge and studies of those beasts, we would have never been able to defeat them.

The very model of a modern Major General held out his hand to shake hands with the Professor. He was honored to have worked with him and had no reservations in letting Prof Brewer know just how indispensable he was and how much the Marines appreciated him.

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PROF Brewer
Civilian Scientist

The Professor was pleased to once again hear from MGen Alderez and welcomed his opinion of Lloyd's plans to relocate to a University on Earth.

Prof Brewer: Thank you, Rex for your encouragement on my decision to postpone, or completely cancel my plans to relocate to the University of Georgia. Your comments helped me realize that working in the Special Scientific Laboratories on Starbase 34 could better serve the continued preservation of the Federation.

Lloyd patted the Rex on his shoulder as he continued...

Prof Brewer: We can only imagine the exciting things that are yet to be thought of and developed. With you and I and the Marines working together we will be able to develop wonderful things, just as we developed the weapons to destroy the Deltaurans. I'm looking forward to being united with you once again to work in the Laboratories when we reach Starbase 34.

The Professor could tell on the faces of the officers on the Bridge that they were getting even closer to SB34. Even Lloyd was getting excited to be back after such an ordeal with the Battle of Sector Epsilon. Time wise, it really felt like it had taken them over a decade to complete this mission. If he was to ever go out on one again, it would have to be one that wouldn't take him away from his labs for such a long period of time.

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. was pleased the Professor made up his mind about staying with the Specialized Scientific Laboratories aboard SB34 and his retirement at the University of Georgia, back on Earth. He could see that it also pleased everyone else on the Bridge. After all, it was not difficult to say, that Prof Brewer was the best Civilian Scientist in the Gamma Quadrant.

Como Carpathia: I'm glad you're postponing your retirement as a consultant for the faculty of the University of Georgia. Now you have an idea just how valuable you are to us.

As the minutes rolled by they passed the outer marker of SB34's control space. They had to drop out of Warp Speed and make their final approach at Impulse Power from here on out. LtCmdr Delgado secured Infiniti from Warp Speed and maintained Impulse Power until they reached SB34, which was just a few short minutes later.

The Commodore called out to Lt. Trylon to open a channel to the base's Approach Control, which the Ops Officer did without hesitation.

Como Carpathia: Approach Control, this is Commodore Carpathia. We are towing Whitestar in with severe damage from a totally destroyed Warp Engine. They've been dealing with massive radiation leakage. Requesting Whitestar to remain in a safe exterior location until radiation leaks are under control, recommend the use of Transporters to beam off the entire crew to Starbase 34.

After a few moments of processing the Division 1 Commander's request, SB34's Approach Control responded.

SB34 Approach Control: Welcome back to Starbase 34, Commodore. Oriskany has just docked, Space Dock doors are still open and Infiniti's berth is waiting for you. Whitestar will remain a safe distance, we'll engage our Tractor Beam as soon as you disengage yours, Transporters are standing by to beam Whitestar's entire crew over here. We'll contact them and make the arrangements.

E.J. gave the order to disengage the Tractor Beam and SB34 quickly engaged their own, holding Whitestar at a safe distance. Instead of transferring control over to the Starbase, LtCmdr Delgado piloted the Intrepid Class vessel through the open Space Dock doors and slowly maneuvered Infiniti safely into it's berth inside the vast docking area of SB34. The XO gave the order to secure the ship while the moorings and gangway attached themselves to Infiniti's hull. The Commodore addressed the entire crew with a tap of the Comlink by his seat on the Bridge.

Como Carpathia: That's it everyone, mission accomplished. Secure your stations and you're all dismissed. I hope to see you all at the Ceremony being planned in our honor, to be announced later. Welcome back to our home in the Gamma Quadrant everybody, Bridge out.

The CO got up from his chair and shook the XO's hand.

Como Carpathia: We did it, David. As usual, it's been a privilege serving with you. As always, I appreciate all your years of service to Infiniti. See you at the Ceremony.

E.J. looked around at the rest of his crew on the Bridge and thanked them as well.

Como Carpathia: Aléjandro, William, Jared, Kestra, Jansen, Jayden, I appreciate every single one of you and plan on seeing you all at the Ceremony as well. It's been an honor having you all as my senior staff. Secure your stations, you're all dismissed.

The Commodore waited to hear if anyone else had anything else to add before they exited the Bridge. They were officially docked now, their third mission in the Gamma Quadrant was a complete success. E.J. didn't even want to think about their next mission. He needed a good vacation, someplace he could relax without the stress of saving the galaxy from certain doom being on the horizon.

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: