Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. INFINITI

Mission 0 - Pre-Launch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Mission 0 - Pre-Launch  Reply with quote  

As the CO completed his log entry he looked out the window from his Ready Room at the bay his ship was docked in within Starbase 34. There is so much unexplored space in the Gamma Quadrant. He couldn't wait to get out there and investigate the possibility of encountering an Omega Particle. His excitement could almost be interpreted as impatience as he sent out a message to all members of the Infiniti crew who have not boarded and checked in with him yet.

Capt Carpathia: This is the Captain, I would like all members of the crew who haven't checked in yet to do so as soon as possible by coming directly to my Ready Room. As soon as everyone has done so, we can be on our way to Sector Delta and investigate the possibility of an Omega Particle that was reported by a Romulan freighter. Let's get a move on so we can get out there. Captain out.

He sat back in his chair and waited for the new crew members to arrive. Occassionally looking at the chronometer...

((OOC: All crewmembers respond by boarding Infiniti and then proceeding to the Captain's Ready Room.))

Last edited by COMO Carpathia on Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

After the CO entered the supplemental entry into his log, he called out to the computer.

Capt Carpathia: Computer, when Commander Cypher comes aboard I would like to be notified, and I would like there to be a message in his quarters informing him to meet me in my Ready Room as soon as he gets his personal items stowed.

Infiniti-Com: Understood. Message for Commander Cypher will be standing by in his quaters awaiting his arrival.

As he sat there waiting to be notified he concentrated on a telepathic message to RAdmiral Arayuss, and with little effort he was successful.

Capt Carptathia: I'm really excited about this mission and I would love to see an Omega Particle up close. Hopefully Commander Cypher and the rest of the crew will check in soon so we can get underway to Sector Delta.

RAdm Arayuss: Don't get too excited E.J. it's not like you get to keep it, you still have to follow the Omega Directive if you come across the particle. Commander Cypher should be arriving soon as well as the rest of the crew. Let me know before you depart so that I can see you off.

Capt Carpathia: Hey, don't worry...it's me! I'll let you know when the crew has checked in and we're about to depart. Thanks again for recommending Commander Cypher, sounds like he'll be an excellent XO.

RAdm Arayuss: Richard is a good man, and he'll be a great XO. Just like you were. Get back to me before you leave...

Capt Carpathia: Will do, Aeryck. Talk with you soon...

The CO rubbed his temples for a few moments till the minor pain went away. Normally he wasn't telepathic, but with the help over the years he has been around RAdmiral Arayuss he has been able to establish telepathic links with him since the RAdmiral's abilities are powerful enough to support two-way communication.

Now all he had to do was continue to wait for his crew to arrive and his XO to check in, which he hopes will be soon.

((OOC: Awaiting responses from Commander Cypher and the rest of the crew.))

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FADM Skyner
Fleet Admiral

HQ to Infiniti  Reply with quote  

Admiral Jaeson Skyner sat before his computer console in his office at the Fleet HeadQuarters base of Gamma Fleet: Starbase 34. He then tapped a button on his computer console and directly contacted Captain Carpathia of USS Infiniti securely.

Adm Skyner: Admiral Skyner to Captain Carprthia. Please respond.

Admiral Skyner knew that the mission of Infiniti was of extreme importance to Starfleet, especially if there was really an Omega Particle. He needed to speak directly with the CO before launching...

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Infiniti to HQ  Reply with quote  

As he sat in his Ready Room awaiting word from his XO and crew, the com channel chimed on his desk and he heard the voice of Admiral Skyner, the CinC of Gamma Fleet, requesting a response.

Capt Carpathia: Admiral Skyner, this is Captain Carpathia. How may I help you sir?

He eagerly awaited to hear the Admiral's reply...

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Hennings

Lt. Commander Aaron Hennings Reports for Duty  Reply with quote  

As the U.S.S. Norway was docking inside Starbase 34, beside Aaron's new posting on the U.S.S. Infiniti, Aaron was in his quarters finalizing a sub-space message to his mother back on Earth, and finishing his packing. Grabbing the pictures of family and friends and gathering the artifacts he has collected from the Norway?s travels. Aaron feels slightly sad that he has to leave his ship behind. But again happy that he will be studying a brand new part of the galaxy as the Chief Science Officer of the Infiniti of which is the lead science vessel in the fleet, now stationed in the Gamma Quadrant, and that this new post could soon mean a promotion to full Commander. Looking out his window he sees the Infiniti, he smiles and exits his now former quarters.

Beaming over to the U.S.S. Infiniti, Aaron heads to his new quarters, entering he finds a far more luxurious cabin than his quarters on the Norway. It was also apparently much larger than that of the others on the ship being that he is a senior officer. Leaving his bag on the bed he heads for the Captains ready room. Walking through the ship as if he had been stationed there for years, he enters the bridge and looks around with wide eyes. Seeing that the Intrepid class starship is much more advanced than the Norway class. Pushing the button on the Captain?s ready room Aaron enters and walks up to the desk.

LtCmdr Hennings: Lt. Commander Aaron Hennings reporting for Duty Sir.

((OOC: Awaiting Response from Capt Carpathia))

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:32 pm   
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

As LtCmdr Hennings enters the Ready Room the CO stands from his desk and walks over to greet him and extends his hand in friendship...

Capt Carpathia: Welcome aboard Infiniti Mr. Hennings, I hope you found your accomodations pleasing? I'm still awaiting the rest of the crew to arrive, so please make yourself comfortable. Since the ship's main systems are on standby and the core's offline there's not a lot to do yet. But if you wish you can familiarize yourself with the Science Station on the bridge, it's in the standby mode but you can easily get the station up if you you need to.

((OOC: Awaiting handshake and response.))

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FADM Skyner
Fleet Admiral

HQ to Infiniti 2  Reply with quote  

Admiral Skyner got right to business.

Adm Skyner: Captain, I cannot tell you how important this mission is. You must make sure that Omega Particle is destroyed. If needed, contact Rear Admiral Arayuss and consult him regarding the procedure from a legal standpoint. It's in your worthy hands, Captain. I know you will do well.

Admiral Skyner awaited a response from the Captain...

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Cypher

Commander Richard Cypher Reports for Duty  Reply with quote  

As Commander Cypher makes his way to his quarters on the Infiniti he can't help but admire the inside of this great vessel. He thinks to himself, "I wonder what the CO is like? I hope he is not a strict person." So when Cypher reaches his living space he puts his bag down on his bed and takes a quick look around. As soon as he does this he decides its time to meet the captain of this vessel. So Cypher exits his quarters and heads for the Captain's Ready Room.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:20 pm   
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Infiniti to HQ 2  Reply with quote  

While the CO was standing with LtCmdr Hennings he heard the response from Admiral Skyner. Before the CSO could reply to the CO's greeting he responds to the Admiral.

Capt Carpathia: Understood Admiral. We wont let you down. Carpathia out.

Also the ship's computer made an announcement to the CO.

Infiniti-Com: Commander Cypher is now aboard this vessel.

Capt Carpathia: Acknowledged.

((OOC: He focused his attention back to the CSO and awaited a handshake and response.))

Last edited by COMO Carpathia on Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Cypher

As the turbo lift doors open he steps out of the lift and takes a long hard look at the amazing bridge he will be sharing with his fellow officers. He scans the bridge with his eyes and spots the Captain's Ready Room and heads toward it. He approches the door and rings the door chime and waits for permission to enter.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:57 pm   

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: