Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Starbase 34

Division 1 Commendation and Promotion Ceremony
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Division 1 Commendation and Promotion Ceremony  Reply with quote  

The Admiral arrived at the Banquet Hall and could see that Ens Russ did an excellent job of making the preparations. Aeryck saw that the buffet tables were setup and the food would be available once the ceremony was complete. He took this opportunity to go over the promotions and commendations to be awarded at tonight's celebration. While going over the information on his PADD, he noticed the arrival of Capt Marino in his dress uniform. Aeryck knew he sent Ens Russ to personally invite him to the ceremony and he was one of the first to arrive.

Adm Arayuss: Welcome back to Starbase 34, Captain. I trust you found your accommodations aboard the Sutherland to be to your liking?

The CinC waited on the Captain to respond, while he continued going over all the names on the promotion list. Aeryck even made an addition that he thought was long overdue. This was going to be an utter surprise to this officer for he knew they had no clue it was coming. But this person really deserved it for all the work they've done over the years.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Marino

The Captain walked up to Adm Arayuss and smiled as he acknowledged the Admiral in his best indoor voice.

Capt Marino: The accommodations aboard Sutherland are more than adequate, Sir. Do you know off hand what my first mission will be or if I've been assigned a Senior Staff yet?

As Lou walked with Adm Arayuss in hopes of getting information about his first mission or if any members of his Senior Staff has been assigned to Sutherland yet. He noticed how elegant the Banquet Hall looked and reminded himself to congratulate Ens Russ on a a job well. He wondered what, if any surprises the ceremony would hold as he looked for his seat.

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:07 pm   
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck looked up at Lou and raised an eyebrow before letting the Captain know what his first mission in the Gamma Quadrant would be. He also let him know what was planned for obtaining a Senior Staff for Sutherland.

Adm Arayuss: Sutherland will be going to Sector Epsilon to safeguard the retrieval of all the abandoned vessels left out there. There will be a fleet of tow-ships on their way there, now that the Deltauran threat has been annihilated. Your job will be to get out there and make sure those vessels remain safe from any marauders or pirates looking to prey on them.

The Admiral paused a moment for Capt Marino to assimilate the information he was just given, then continued.

Adm Arayuss: As for your Senior Staff, I'm going to announce your need for one at the ceremony tonight. We're looking for volunteers to help you out on this mission till we can get you a permanent Command Crew. The volunteers will be officers from Infiniti, Oriskany and Whitestar that won't be going anywhere for a while on their ships since they are either docked for down time or repairs.

As the CinC walked with the Captain of Sutherland to his seat at a table near the front, he saw other officers and crew entering the Banquet Hall. Leaving Capt Marino at his seat to digest all he was informed of, Aeryck walked over to the Starfleet personnel to greet them.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. entered the Banquet Hall with a few of his officers in tow. He saw Adm Arayuss greeting others as they entered as well. The hall was setup very nicely so Ens Russ did an excellent job prepping for the ceremony. He would have to let her know she did a great job when he saw her. As the Commodore walked over to where his table was near the front of the stage, he saw Capt Marino seated nearby.

Como Carpathia: Hey there, Lou! How have you been? I heard you're a Captain now and you've got your first command out here in the Gamma Quadrant. Have you heard what your first mission will be?

The Division 1 Commander smiled and waved at some more of Infiniti's officers and crew as they entered with their families. He was pleased to see all that made it to the ceremony so far. There was still a lot of time left before it started which gave people plenty of time to arrive.

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Marino

Lou looked back at the Commodore and smiled as he responded. He always admired Como Carpathia and the missions he completed successfully here in the Gamma Quadrant.

Capt Marino: I've been doing really well, Commodore. I so look forward to guiding the Sutherland to Sector Epsilon to protect the vessels abandoned out there from pirates and marauders. Makes me feel like the pirate chasers of the old days of rum and booty. Also looking forward to meeting my Senior Staff and making the Sutherland something to be proud of.

The Captain wondered who his Command Crew was going to be, surely they would be here at the ceremony tonight. He just couldn't wait to make their acquaintance. Lou just had to be patient and wait for Adm Arayuss to make the announcement.

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:46 pm   
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

The Commodore smiled back at Capt Marino during his reply. He knew Lou would do his best to complete his first mission, and with an experienced Senior Staff it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Como Carpathia: I'm glad you're doing well, Captain. I'm sure you're looking forward to getting underway on your first mission. I know I was back when I took Infiniti out for the first time. I don't know who you're Senior Staff will be yet, but I'm sure they'll be a competent group of officers. As for making us proud, I have no doubt of that.

E.J. saw some more of Infiniti's personnel entering the Banquet Hall and waved at them as he continued talking to Capt Marino.

Como Carpathia: So Lou, did your family come out here from Massachusetts too? I don't see them here.

The Commodore remained where he was standing to hear whether or not Capt Marino's family relocated to SB34 from where they lived in Massachusetts back on Earth. E.J. would be surprised if they didn't join Lou in the Gamma Quadrant, to support him at his new command.

Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Marino

Lou looked a little saddened, but spoke up nonetheless to Como Carpathia as he answered the Commodore's question.

Capt Marino: My family will stay on Earth as my wife cares for my father and has two daughters to care for as well. But if they're needed we'll move them here to Starbase 34.

The Captain watched as Como Carpathia waved at his crew as then came into the Banquet Hall.

Capt Marino: I look forward to meeting my crew and finding out our strengths and building on them.

The CO of the Sutherland admired how Infiniti's crew loved and respected the Commodore. Lou hoped he would be able to instill such feelings with his crew. It was something he dreamed about when he first read about the adventures of Capt Jean-Luc Picard aboard the Enterprise.

Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:13 am   
CAPT Calzada
Captain

As David entered the Banquet Hall, he immediately caught Como Carpathia waving towards him while he was speaking with another officer seated at the table next to theirs. The Commander walked over to them and introduced himself to the Captain he saw seated at the next table.

Cmdr Calzada: Hello, Sir. I'm Commander David Calzada, First Officer of Infiniti. I've been with Commodore Carpathia since he took command of our ship and completed multiple successful missions here in the Gamma Quadrant together.

The XO looked over at Como Carpathia and smiled as he waited for the Captain to introduce himself in return.

Cmdr Calzada: You're looking good, Commodore. Surely you're the best dressed Commodore in the room!

David laughed at his own sense of humor and continued to wait on the Captain seated at the next table to give some form of introduction. While waiting he looked around the Hall for anyone else that would be sitting with them at Infiniti's Senior Staff table.

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Marino

Lou looked up at Cmdr Calzada and smiled as he shook hands with him.

Capt Marino: I'm Captain Louis G. Marino of the USS Sutherland. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance and congrats on your successful mission in Sector Epsilon.

The Captain looked around the room to see if there was anyone he could recognize from the last time he served aboard SB34 as their Chief of Security, before he returned to Starfleet HQ and entered the Command Training Program.

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:59 am   
CAPT Calzada
Captain

David shook Capt Marino's hand and smiled as he replied to the CO of the USS Sutherland. He seemed like a decent officer and the XO of Infiniti wouldn't mind calling him a friend.

Cmdr Calzada: It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well, Captain. I saw the Sutherland from the Gangway when I was disembarking Infiniti once we docked. I've never been on a Nebula Class ship before. I'm sure you'll have a great time aboard as it's Commanding Officer.

The Commander took his seat beside Como Carpathia and waited for everyone else to come in and take their seats. It was still somewhat early so they had time to socialize with other people while they were waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: