Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. EVENT HORIZON

Mission 1 - Into the Looking Glass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CPO Florenté
Chief Petty Officer

Main Engineering - Deck 7  Reply with quote  

Jamie was happy to see Cmdr Cypher coming to visit him in Main Engineering and was even happier to know he wanted a tour of the place. He immediately replied to the Commander with cheer in his voice.

PO3 Florenté: Hey Commander, it's going great down here! It would be my pleasure to show you around!

The Chief Engineer showed him the Coaxial Warp Core first, then all the different consoles there were on the main deck before taking the lift to the upper deck and showing the distribution center leading to the Warp Engines. Another level up from there was the Deuterium Injector Assembly area, and 2 levels down was the Antimatter Injector Assembly. Jamie was very impressed with what he was in charge of and hoped the XO would be too.

PO3 Florenté: So what do you think, Commander?

As the Petty Officer waited on Cmdr Cypher to reply, they traveled back up the lift to the main deck where they got off and walked back over to the main center console where all of the information on the engine systems were displayed.

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

Walking around the whole Engineering section of Event Horizon with PO3 Florenté was quite exhilarating. Thom had never seen such a feat of engineering excellence before and was even more jealous of Jamie getting to be the Chief Engineer on this mission.

Cmdr Cypher: What can I say, Jamie? This is the most amazing Engineering Area I have ever seen. I'm so jealous of you getting to be the Chief Engineer down here. Everything is so sophisticated, I wouldn't know how to begin to describe it to the Captain. He'll have to come check it out for himself when he's got the time. Thank you so much for showing me around, Chief Engineer!

The XO patted the young Petty Officer on his shoulder before leaving the Engine Bay and taking the Turbolift back to the Bridge. When Thom arrived he saw that Capt Little wasn't there and made an inquiry as to his whereabouts.

Cmdr Cypher: Where's the Captain?

As the Commander waited for a reply from whichever officer the Captain left in charge of the Bridge, he walked over to the Engineering Station at the rear of the Command Center and marveled at all the intricacies of the Coaxial Warp Drive at their disposal. The Bridge station was a more compact version of the main center console on the main deck of the Engine Area, so it would be easy for PO3 Florenté to keep tabs on his Engineering duties from this location should the need arise.

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR Centares
Lt. Commander

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

As he was continuing to be amazed with Event Horizon's speed as they headed towards Sector Omicron, Ajay heard Cmdr Cypher enter the Bridge and address the officer in charge while he and the Captain were away. This being Ajay, he spoke up and informed the Commander of Capt Little's whereabouts.

Lt. Commander Centares: The Captain is in his Ready Room, Commander.

The Chief Flight Control Officer wasn't sure if Cmdr Cypher was taking command of the Bridge now that he returned or if he was going to speak with Capt Little in the Ready Room. LtCmdr Centares waited to hear what the XO had to say regarding the information he was given regarding the Captain's current location.

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

Thom took his seat on the Bridge in the XO's chair and tapped his Combadge to inform Capt Little he returned from Engineering after thanking LtCmdr Centares for watching the Command Center in their absence.

Cmdr Cypher: Thank you, Ajay, for minding the store while the Captain and I were busy elsewhere. I've got the Bridge. Cypher to Captain Little, I'm back on the Bridge now. Engineering was very impressive! Petty Officer Florenté is an excellent tour guide.

The XO waited to hear back from Capt Little, figuring it wouldn't take him long to respond. That was, unless he was napping in his Ready Room! Thom knew the Captain hardly slept at all last night so perhaps he was catching up on much needed sleep. If so, Thom had the Bridge for now and would remain here unless relieved by the CO himself.

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

Ready Room - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

The Captain, still working in the locked Ready Room, could see the small Ω logo flashing a deep, dark red on the side of the monitor. It was reminiscent of old style Morse Code the way it was flashing... He pushed it in to the monitor side, removing the large body of text from the screen as he did so.

Lewis could now see the reason on his screen, and tapped his Combadge to reply to his XO.

Capt Little: Captain to the Bridge. Number One, I thought you were having a good time downstairs with Petty Officer Florenté? We're not due to the rendezvous point in Sector Omicron, time enough if you wanted to get your hands dirty...

As the CO waited on Cypher's reply, he sent a monitor message to Main Engineering for PO3 Florenté to report with the rest of the Senior Staff for the briefing. As Lewis did so, he stood and headed back towards the Bridge.

Post Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

Thom was about to answer Capt Little when he saw the Captain enter the Bridge. To make sure everyone knew the CO was there, he announced it for all to hear.

Cmdr Cypher: Captain on the Bridge!

Once the Captain walked closer to the XO, he explained why he didn't stay down in Engineering with PO3 Florenté.

Cmdr Cypher: Jamie is our Chief Engineer, I don't want to belittle him by overstaying my welcome there by hanging around looking for something to do. I wanted him to know he has my complete confidence, so I left him to his work.

The Commander waited to hear what Capt Little had to say about his assessment of their Engineering Area. He himself, was quite impressed with it and figured if the Captain wanted to check it out, Thom would remain on the Bridge to allow Capt Little the opportunity to get a tour from their Chief Engineer himself.

Post Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

The Captain thought for a moment before replying to his XO.

Capt Little: Well, I would like to but I am afraid I'd take all the work away from Jamie! Besides, the briefing will start in around fifteen minutes, I definitely will not have the time just yet.

Lewis smiled and half-assedly laughed at himself before turning to the Helm.

Capt Little: Mr. Centares, ETA to the Sector Omicron?

While the CO waited for the replies he mused at the star field visible through the Main Viewscreen and marveled at just how fast this little ship really was!

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

Thom understood where Capt Little was coming from. Perhaps PO3 Florenté was selected to be the Chief Engineer for one simple reason, he was the one most likely to do the job without taking things apart to see how they worked. Jamie would do the assignment to the letter without disassembling the Coaxial Warp Drive so he could make improvements on Infiniti's Warp Core, unlike what Thom would probably have done. The XO was pretty sure Capt Little would've already taken everything down there apart by now, trying to make some sort of an improvement he had no authorization in doing. The image brought a smile to Thom's face, as he replied to the Captain.

Cmdr Cypher: I see your point, Sir.

The Commander looked forward to the briefing that was coming up, it was another chance to get everyone together in one place again. Using the center console between the CO and XO's seats, Thom sent messages to all key personnel reminding them of the Captain's briefing in the Conference Room here on Deck 1. The XO was sure to send one to Prof Brewer as well, knowing Capt Little would want the Professor there in case his knowledge and experience was needed.

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR Centares
Lt. Commander

Ajay was surprised Capt Little asked for an ETA so soon after giving one to him a short time ago. Nevertheless, LtCmdr Centares used his console to give the Captain what he asked for.

Lt. Commander Centares: Our ETA to Sector Omicron is 2 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes, Sir.

The Chief Flight Control Officer hoped a more precise time was what Capt Little was looking to obtain. If that was the case, Ajay supplied the Captain with the most accurate amount of time it would take before they reached their destination.

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

The CO smiled back at his Chief Flight Control Officer as he replied.

Capt Little: Thank you, Mr. Centares.

The Captain then tapped his Combadge and opened a channel.

Capt Little: Captain to all hands. The Holodecks will be coming online shortly. ALL personnel and especially Department Heads are required to undergo Special Training for what lies ahead. More instructions to follow... Marine Captain, I would like to request you join us on Deck One, please.

Lewis closed the channel and turned back towards his XO.

Capt Little: So, Thom, did you mention something about taking it apart?

The Captain smirked as he awaited the reply of his Executive Officer.

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: