Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. EVENT HORIZON

Mission 0 - Pre-Launch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CAPT Zh'Osha

Mission 0 - Pre-Launch  Reply with quote  

As the smaller vessel docked at Deep Space 9, the blue Andorian female was already waiting at the Airlock, as per her orders from Starfleet Command HQ, with an armful of PADDs with all the information she could find on USS Whitestar and it's crew. As the ship grew closer, the hulls connected momentarily as the docking clamps engaged, a slight hiss as the airlock opened, and she walked in, the airlock hissing shut behind her once more.

She walked along the corridor and headed into the Turbolift.

Capt Zh’Osha: Bridge.

The computer beeped and the lift headed off, first vertically, then horizontally along the interior of the ship. Her antennae moving ever so slightly as she sensed the lifts movements, almost like a leaf in the solar winds. Once the lift stopped and the Turbolift doors hissed open, she stepped onto the Bridge. She stepped down the small ramp of the vessel, and to the CO’s chair and stood at attention for the Admiral.

Capt Zh’Osha: Captain Pi'Lar Zh'Osha reporting as ordered, Admiral.

FAdm Skyner: Have a seat, Captain. Welcome aboard Event Horizon, I see you brought yourself some reading material.

Capt Zh'Osha: Aye, Sir. Thank you, yes I did.

She glanced down at the PADDs in her arm.

FAdm Skyner: If you wouldn’t mind, Captain. Take us out, please.

Capt Zh'Osha: Aye, Sir!

She inhaled deeply and turned to the Flight Control Station. It was a strange site to see on a Starship, just the two of them there, the Bridge lighting dim, but not too dim for Andorians.

Capt Zh'Osha: Computer, open Hailing Frequencies to Deep Space 9 Operations.

The computer trilled, and the Main Viewscreen lit up, showing a Human male.

Ops Chief: This is Deep Space 9, USS Event Horizon, you are cleared to disengage, and we have logged your flight trajectory and have issued orders for a clear path to the Wormhole. Clear Skies, Captain.

Capt Zh'Osha: Clear Skies. Event Horizon, out.

The computer beeped as the channel closed, and displayed the Wormhole's entrance in the void of space on the Main Viewer.

Capt Zh'Osha: Computer, disengage from the station and take us out. Heading; 310 mark 24. Set speed at one quarter Impulse until we are clear of the station moorings and increase to 3 quarters Impulse Power. Once on the other side of the Wormhole, set course 218 mark 9 at Warp 7.

The computer beeped once more, in a slightly higher pitch as the voice pattern was recognized and the ship lurked to the starboard side as it humbled into the vortex. On the other side, it was clear to see that this quadrant had recently seen a massive shift of power. There seemed to be small pieces of debris glinting as it caught the starlight. It was almost beautiful to behold for the few seconds before they entered Warp.

FAdm Skyner: If you don’t mind, Captain…I’ll be in my quarters.

Capt Zh'Osha: Aye, Admiral. I'll contact you once in range of Starbase 34.

She waited as the Admiral stood and headed for the Turbolift and then sat in the CO’s chair, with her long blue fingers caressing the arm panels slightly.

Hours later they were now in hailing range of Starbase 34.

Capt Zh'Osha: Computer, open a channel to Starbase 34 Approach Control, and inform Admiral Skyner of our location.

The Computer beeped as she awaited a return Comlink.

Capt Zh'Osha: Starbase 34, this is the USS Event Horizon, Captain Zh'Osha in Command, requesting permission to enter secure space at your location.

SB34 Approach Control: This is Starbase 34 Approach Control, Captain Zh'Osha, permission granted to enter Starbase secure space.

Capt Zh'Osha: Thank you, Starbase 34, please also inform Admiral Arayuss that Fleet Admiral Skyner is also aboard and has requested a private audience with him and Commodore Carpathia for debriefing.

SB34 Approach Control: Aye, Captain, Admiral Arayuss is currently busy, but I have alerted his office. Starbase 34 out.

As the channel closed, the arm panel lit up showing confirmation of the automated flight plan at Starbase 34's control area.

A short time had passed since the communications with the Starbase, and Event Horizon was now nearing the giant base in the Gamma Quadrant. Pi’Lar stood and stepped a little closer to the Main Viewer, her antennae peeked at her curiosity.

Whitestar was still smoking from the radiation leaks, with a Warp Nacelle completely blown away and parts of the hull still glowing from radiation! It was stationed around 30 kilometers from the Space Dock level of SB34.

Capt Zh’Osha: And to think, we rushed here for a mission and she won’t even be ready for months!

The Andorian showed some anger with her antennae flailing as if trying to cut through the tension the air seemed to be rife with.

Capt Zh’Osha: Admiral Skyner to the Bridge!

As the Captain waited for FAdm Skyner to come to the Bridge, she was flustered with frustration that Whitestar was so badly damaged and in dire need of repairs. She really wanted to know why she got a ride to SB34 as quick as she could for a ship that would be under repairs for quite some time.

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm   
FADM Skyner
Fleet Admiral

VIP Quarters - Deck 2  Reply with quote  

Jaeson put the PADD down that he was reading and stood up from the chair in his quarters, tapping his Combadge. He could hear in the Captain's voice that she was upset over something so he hastily replied to her.

FAdm Skyner: On my way, Captain.

The Fleet Admiral moved quickly to the Bridge through the Turbolift from Deck 2 up to Deck 1 and entered the Bridge where he found Capt Zh'Osha looking at Whitestar on the Main Viewer, not quite looking ready to command.

FAdm Skyner: I'm sorry, Pi'Lar. I was only told that Captain Adonis was killed in action and Whitestar needed a Commanding Officer. I had no idea the ship was this badly damaged. But look at it this way, you'll get to know your crew better before you head out on your next mission.

Jaeson took a seat on the Bridge and watched Whitestar go by as they approached the opening Space Doors into the Space Dock of SB34. Event Horizon slowly moved into Berth 5 as it passed the other ships in Gamma Fleet. It had been quite some time since he was back here after taking the position of being the Commander in Chief of Starfleet Command.

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CAPT Zh'Osha

Turning towards the Admiral as he entered the Bridge, she simply pointed towards the Whitestar on the screen.

Capt Zh'Osha: My pretty little ship...... Heads will roll...

The blue tipped antennae seemed to glow almost a burnt ochre. Androrians may be a militaristic society, but it was rare any of them ever felt real anger, as Pi'Lar felt now. That most defiantly came from her Aenarian parentage.

She strode past Fleet Admiral Skyner and straight towards the airlock. She knew she could not meet the crew like this, it just wouldn't be good form, and she would most likely say something she regretted to those under her Command. She headed down the gangway towards the Operations Department and once there, began to look for RAdm Martinelli.

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:37 am   
FADM Skyner
Fleet Admiral

Jaeson watched Capt Zh'Osha leave the Bridge in a hurry to see the Chief of Fleet Operations regarding the status of Whitestar. He felt compassion for the Aenarian as this would be a considerable about of time before the Akira Class vessel would be ready to set sail again on it's next mission. The Fleet Admiral, got up from the seat on the Bridge and tapped his Combadge to call to SB34's Operations Center.

FAdm Skyner: Skyner to Ops, transport me to the Administration Offices.

As the Fleet Admiral waited to dematerialize off the Bridge of the Event Horizon, he took a last look around at all the of advanced technology that surrounded him. This was one impressive little ship that was going to undertake a mission unlike any other that has ever been attempted before. On that note, the transport cycle began...

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

Holodeck 32 - SB34  Reply with quote  

Once the Commander had finished, after all, 389 different outcomes is enough to make anyone tired... He decided it was time to save and attend the launch, it was almost time...

Cmdr Little: Computer, save current parameters and append to file. Show main exit.

The Main Computer beeped obligingly as it dissolved the Nova Class surroundings and the Grid Matrix appeared once again. He strode towards it with a handful of PADDs and headed for the launch bay corridor.

Lewis took a look around once he arrived, seeing nobody, he decided it would be perfectly alright, what with his being Commander of this ship and mission, to go ahead and head towards the Observation Lounge. After all, he would soon be giving the orders to 'Nacelle Up and heave-ho!'

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CPO Florenté
Chief Petty Officer

Observation Area - Spacedock  Reply with quote  

Jamie ran right out of the Turbolift and saw Cmdr Little standing near the Gangway to the entrance of Event Horizon. He waved at the Commander as he ran over to greet him.

Cwmn Florenté: Hello Commander, looks like we're the only two here so far. Do you think anybody found Captain Zh'Osha? Maybe she's still sleeping in the corridor? I guess we'll find out from Admiral Skyner when he arrives. Were you able to get any sleep? I got some.

The Crewman waited to hear his CO's responses to his questions as he kept an eye on the Turbolift Bay for the next arrival of Event Horizon's crew. Jamie wondered if Cmdr Little was serious about promoting him to Petty Officer 3rd Class, or was that just his lack of sleep talking last night.

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

The Commander heard the PO3, and turned to face him, dropping several of the PADDs as he did so.

Cmdr Little: Ah, Chief, sorry I didn't see you sneaking up on me there.

He stooped to pick up the PADDs and place them on the table nearest to them that faced the large bay window looking out over the docking bays and their occupants. It was nice to see that the Whitestar had at least been decontaminated enough to have been towed inside.

Cmdr Little: I'm afraid there's no sleep for the wicked. I ran through several simulations... Let's just say, it looks as if you will have your hands full with the prototype engine and their 'Quantumness'. Oh... by the way, you're promoted to Petty Officer, 3rd Class so get a new rank pin when you get the chance.

He smiled at Jamie, knowing that his own dreams were about to unfold in a way that the PO3 could not have foresaw...

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CPO Florenté
Chief Petty Officer

Jamie's question as to whether Cmdr Little remembered to promote him to Petty Officer 3rd Class was confirmed! He was very happy for his new rank and planned on doing the best job he could as Chief Engineer aboard the Event Horizon.

PO3 Florenté: Thank you, Sir! I will certainly get one right away. Maybe from the Replicator over there?

The Chief Engineer quickly walked over to the Replicator and had a Petty Officer 3rd Class rank insignia made and replaced his Crewman rank insignia with it. Jamie walked proudly back over toward Cmdr Little and displayed the rank on his collar.

PO3 Florenté: How's this, Commander?

While showing off his new rank insignia to his CO, Jamie still kept an eye on the Turbolift Bay to see who would be arriving next. He wondered whomever it was, would they notice his new rank or would they still address him as Crewman. Whichever it was, he would still respect them and answer kindly. After all, he was still the only Enlisted ranking member of the Senior Staff.

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

As the Turbolift came to a halt, Thom exited and walked into the Observation Area that lead to the Gangway where they would enter Event Horizon from. The Commander saw Cmdr Little standing there with their Chief Engineer, apparently waiting for others to arrive. Thom approached with a jovial smile and greeted them both.

Cmdr Cypher: Greetings, Commander! I bet you thought I was going to be late! I slept in and still made it here ahead of time. Hi there, Jamie. I see you got your new rank insignia. Congratulation, Petty Officer Florenté! On a serious note, I saw Captain Zh'Osha sleeping in the corridor on my way to the Turbolifts. By what was written on her forehead, she was apparently drunk. Naturally, I left the Captain there in fear of getting her wrath for waking her up in an embarrassing situation. Was she there when you both left my Quarters early this morning?

The XO looked around, seeing that nobody else had arrived yet. So Thom stood there waiting with the CO and Chief Engineer for the rest of the crew to arrive. Plus he was sure FAdm Skyner would be arriving soon since his presence was necessary to unlock the entrance to Event Horizon. The Commander had never been on a Nova Class ship before, let alone the Refit version designed specifically for this mission. Thom was very excited to see all of the interior, espeically Main Engineering.

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

The Commander turned towards the sound of Cmdr Cypher's voice to answer him, and perhaps to un-dig a hole...

Cmdr Little: No, Thom, I did not. Jamie and I left at the same time last night. Now, I can't vouch for him, but I was in the Holosuites all night...

Lewis lowered his voice slightly so only Cypher could hear him.

Cmdr Little: We're going to have to look at the ranking structure... We can't have two Commanders and no Captain.

The CO smiled as he watched Jamie coveting his new rank insignia pin.

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: