Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Starbase 34

Spacedock Officer's Lounge

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Spacedock Officer's Lounge  Reply with quote  

E.J. followed his longtime friend from his office down to the Spacedock Officer's Lounge and looked around to spot FAdm Skyner sitting at a table overlooking the windows to the Spacedock where USS Infiniti and USS Oriskany were clearly visible. Off to the right behind a berth wall was USS Whitestar, which could barely be seen. The Commodore pointed out the Fleet Admiral to Adm Arayuss to let him know he located Skyner.

Como Carpathia: Admiral, I've spotted Fleet Admiral Skyner. He's over there by the bay windows overlooking the Spacedock. I'll go over there with you, lead the way, Sir.

Together they walked over to FAdm Skyner where he was enjoying some Romulan Ale. The Fleet Admiral's eye lit up when he saw Adm Arayuss and Como Carpathia approaching. Surely FAdm Skyner was under the impression they were coming to join him in his pre-celebratory toasting to Event Horizon's success.

Post Fri May 27, 2022 5:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

The Admiral lead Como Carpathia over to FAdm Skyner's table and found the view of the vessels out the window, breathtaking. But the reason they came was not to gaze upon the ships in the Spacedock, but to inform the Commander in Chief of Starfleet that his mission to the Mirror Universe was a complete failure.

Adm Arayuss: Fleet Admiral Skyner, we need to have a few words with you. Explorer received a message from Event Horizon that the mission was a failure. The did not end up in the correct universe, but due to the sabotage of Ensign Jo'Kla, they ended up in Universe C-57D and the TDD is too damaged to get them back and they are currently being pursued by a hostile force known as the Emerald Chain. Lieutenant DeGrazzio sent the message as a beacon to let us know they were in the Trivas System in the Alpha Quadrant.

Before FAdm Skyner could say a word, Aeryck continued...

Adm Arayuss: I sent Explorer to find them and do what it can to assure their survival. It should be there very soon. We will find out more when it contacts me from there. I did not feel it would have been prudent to seek you out and let you know what happened to Event Horizon before getting permission to send Explorer to rescue everyone stranded there. I hope you do not mind and not take it personally, Sir.

The CinC of Gamma Fleet waited on FAdm Skyner to respond to all the information he was just told. By the look on the Fleet Admiral's face, he was in deep thought and preparing to choose his words carefully. Aeryck looked over at E.J. and raised an eyebrow as if to show surprise that FAdm Skyner has not thrown his drink on them and started up with a tirade of profanities.

Adm Arayuss: Skyner does not seem to be seething with anger, so that is a good sign.

The telepathic message Aeryck sent to E.J. was obviously received since all the Commodore did was nod in approval. Together they continued to look at FAdm Skyner and waited for him to speak. If the Fleet Admiral wanted to leave Event Horizon to their fate, Aeryck would not be able to stop Explorer from carrying out its mission to rescue Event Horizon from the calamity they were currently in.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Fri May 27, 2022 7:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FADM Skyner
Fleet Admiral

Jaeson could read the anxiety in Aeryck’s voice as he spoke of Event Horizon’s situation in Universe C-57D and understood why the Admiral took the action he did. The Fleet Admiral was stunned to hear that Jo’Kla was a saboteur from the Mirror Universe. This meant they must be building some kind of fleet of ships to come through and attack Universe A-01A. Otherwise they wouldn’t have sent an operative to sabotage Event Horizon. What was now on Jaeson’s mind was, how did the Alliance know the ship was coming and how could they get the Klingon saboteur aboard with all the proper identification? This needed to be addressed once the crew of Event Horizon was safely back aboard SB34.

FAdm Skyner: You did the right thing, Aeryck. I would’ve done exactly what you did, if the roles were reversed. After the crew of Event Horizon has returned safely and been through a debriefing, I’d like to start an investigation into how Jo’Kla was able to forge his way into gaining a position aboard as their Yeoman. Somehow they knew I was sending that particular ship to their universe and their Klingon agent was sent to stop it. As you were, Admiral. I’ll see you in your office when Event Horizon returns.

The Fleet Admiral tried to relax with his Romulan Ale, but found his mind wandering over the failure of the mission he himself sent the crew of Event Horizon on. If any of the crew members are lost or killed, Jaeson would be obligated to inform their family that they were lost in the line of duty. That reminded the Fleet Admiral about what he learned about Prof Brewer dying before they left Universe A-01A. Jaeson knew how close he was to Adm Arayuss and Como Carpathia, but he did not want them to start stressing over his death at this time. Right now they had to focus on getting Event Horizon home, which when it comes to Explorer, was only a matter of time.

Post Fri May 27, 2022 9:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

The Admiral breathed a sigh of relief that FAdm Skyner was not angry that Aeryck sent Explorer to the rescue. With the Fleet Admiral behind his decision, Adm Arayuss felt secure that he made the right choice in the critical moment he had to act. Aeryck thanked FAdm Skyner before returning to his office to wait on the news from Explorer regarding the rescue of Event Horizon.

Adm Arayuss: Thank you for your understanding, Fleet Admiral, Sir. The Commodore and I will be up in my office waiting to hear word from Explorer, you welcome to wait with us whenever you feel up to it.

The CinC of Gamma Fleet smiled at the CinC of Starfleet Command before turning away and exiting the Officer's Lounge along with Como Carpathia. Together they walked back to the Turbolifts and took one back to the Administrative Level. Aeryck hoped with every fiber of his enhanced being that Explorer would arrive in time to assist Event Horizon and bring the crew home safely.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Sat May 28, 2022 11:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: