Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Starbase 34

SB34 :: Port of Call
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Galleria Food Court - Level 59  Reply with quote  

The Commodore looked over at RAdm Martinelli and wondered if Tony realizes he made a huge mistake bringing Capt Zh'Osha in on their private little factoids regarding the naming of the restaurant by Capt Sisko's son, Jake and his best friend, Capt Nog. E.J. figured perhaps it would be best for her memory of the conversation to be erased from her mind. That way she could bring no harm to anyone by going around asking too many inquisitive questions just to stir up trouble. The Commodore had some mental abilities taught to him by Adm Arayuss, but he did not possess the psionics required for actual memory erasure.

This new predicament lead Como Carpathia to contact his friend regarding the current situation. Not letting Capt Zh'Osha know anything was out of the ordinary, E.J. asked if she wanted any horchata...

Como Carpathia: Captain, you seem to be marveled by my horchata...would you care to try some?

While waiting on the Captain to reply, E.J. concentrated on his closest friend and sent him a message telepathically.

Como Carpathia: Aeryck, we've got a situation at Gabriel's Taco Bell, Captain Zh'Osha knows how it got the name from Tony and now she's overthinking and over-inquiring about it. I think it would be prudent for you to sweep her memory and make it so she thinks it's nothing but a name and she has a insatiable desire to consume HORCHATA!

The Commodore waited on a response form Adm Arayuss. E.J. was glad he wasn't the one who thought Capt Zh'Ohsa was trust worthy to just acknowledge what she learned and not push on scenarios that only existed in her head. Como Carpathia knew the Admiral would want to clean this up as well as reaffirm RAdm Martinelli with the age old philosophy to T.N.T.

Post Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Observation Area - Deck 30  Reply with quote  

Aeryck was taking his usual stroll through the observation area at the top of the Space Dock, looking down on Infiniti, Oriskany, Sutherland and Whitestar, all in their berths either standing by or under repairs from the ordeal in Sector Epsilon. As the Admiral watched the new nacelle being fitted to Whitestar, he received the telepathic message from his good friend, Como Carpathia. There appeared to be a situation with Capt Zh’Osha at Gabriel’s Taco Bell where RAdm Martinelli told the Captain about how the restaurant got its name. Aeryck figured Tony wanted Pi’Lar to feel included into the close knit family of Starfleet personnel stationed in the Gamma Quadrant, but in this case the Rear Admiral should’ve adhered to the “Trust No Toot” philosophy. There were other ways to make a Captain feel welcome out here on SB34 without trusting them to sensitive information. With little effort, the Admiral sent a message back to the Commodore.

Adm Arayuss: I’m on my way, E.J. See you soon…

The CinC walked over to the closest Turbolift and took it to the Galleria’s Food Court, Level 59 to be specific. Quickly evading people standing around socializing, Adm Arayuss made his way over to the entrance of Gabriel’s Taco Bell and walked inside. Seeing RAdm Martinelli, Como Carpathia and Capt Zh’Osha sitting together, it was easy for the Admiral to come up from behind the Captain. Since Aeryck was already psionically blocking his presence, there was no way with the Aenarian’s limited telepathic abilities compared to his own would be able to detect his arrival. Concentrating completely on Pi’Lar Zh’Osha’s mind, Aeryck was able to sift through her recent memories and deleted everything that had to do with the knowledge of the restaurant’s name. As far as Capt Zh’Osha knew from this moment forward, there was probably somebody named Gabriel that either owned or was the namesake for the establishment. As for making Pi’Lar lust after horchata, Aeryck was not about to do that to her. The Captain was just doing what a female tends to do regarding sensitive information and the Admiral wasn’t going to punish her for simply being female. The process was not detectable by any other telepath so Capt Zh’Osha’s mind would never be revealed to anyone that it had been altered. This was a done deal, with Pi’Lar feeling no discomfort whatsoever. While the Captain was pausing over Como Carpathia’s inquiry if she wanted to try horchata, only her natural response would come forward. There was another empty chair at the table, so Aeryck came from behind Capt Zh’Osha and took a seat.

Adm Arayuss: I hope you don’t mind if I join you. It looks like everyone is enjoying themselves with some good food here. Captain, the port nacelle is being installed on Whitestar now. I saw it being moved into position myself from the observation area above the berths. It won’t be much longer before Whitestar is ready to launch.

The Admiral could see the inquisitive look on Como Carpathia’s face regarding the horchata since the Captain failed to grab it from E.J. and begin gulping with a vengeance.

Adm Arayuss: I was not about to make Pi'Lar go against her will and have her drink something she may hate and not be able to digest properly. I won’t do something like that. Especially if it has nothing to do with base security.

A server came by and brought the Admiral a menu, to which he glanced at only for a few moments before handing it back to her and placing his order.

Adm Arayuss: I’ll have the three taco supremes with no tomatoes, heavy on the sour cream. A large cola and I’ll take some churros too. Please rush it so I can dine with the rest of those I’m seated with.

The server quickly went to the kitchen and had his lunch made immediately so he could eat with those at the same table. The Captain was done with her tacos, so he wondered if she’d be staying to remain part of the conversation they were having regarding her idea for a “face your fears” program for the Holodeck so the officers and crew of Gamma Fleet could face down what their personal fears in a Holodeck simulation.

With the waitress returning with the Admiral’s tray of food, she placed it before him and smiled as she bowed slightly to the CinC. It would happen on occasion, people would treat Adm Arayuss like royalty since he seemed so unusually special to them for his child-like appearance. Aeryck didn’t mind it too much, as long as it didn’t get out of hand.

Adm Arayuss: Thank you very much.

Aeryck began with one of his tacos while waiting on responses from Como Carpathia and Capt Zh’Osha. As for RAdm Martinelli, Aeryck would deal with him later about telling the Captain about Capt Sisko portraying Gabriel Bell back in San Francisco in the year 2024. Aeryck obviously needed to remind Tony about the “Trust No Toot” philosophy and to let the Admiral know in advance before going against their beliefs. It has been Aeryck’s foundational philosophy since he was old enough to form them. It has lead to a harmonious life that he enjoyed thoroughly.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CAPT Zh'Osha

Galleria Food Court - Level 59  Reply with quote  

The Captain had just polished off her tacos when she replied to the Admiral.

Capt Zh'Osha: Admiral, please, you'll give me the chills, please sit with us. We were just discussing a new initiatives program.

As the Admiral sat, the Captain pushed the horchata back towards the Commodore.

Capt Zh'Osha: No, thank you, Commodore. Keep you're detritus to your own internal organs. Admiral, if the nacelles are repaired, then it won't be too long before the Whitestar is space-worthy, perhaps a part of the program can be within the ship, a skirmish if you like. With the lateral holographic Phaser Array activated for diagnostic modes, of course, Admiral.

Pi'Lar neither mentioned being psionically attacked, nor felt any semblance of the same, she simply continued as if the conversation had never changed from that of a Kobayashi Maru style program, but she had no idea where the idea of using the Whitestar for a friendly game of laser tag ever came from...

Post Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:41 pm   
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

The CinC listened to Capt Zh’Osha’s idea and nodded his head in approval as he finished off one of his Taco Supreme’s. Since he got to experience 21st Century Earth personally and actually ate at an authentic Taco Bell restaurant in Southern California, he was able to make the comparison between the tacos then and now. Aeryck was very pleased the tacos were absolutely the same, thus starting onto his second taco with happy munching sounds.

Having a few Holodecks set up for a continuous running simulation to test the readiness of each of the crews so they can be prepared for any unknown scenario that may surprise them out here in the Gamma Quadrant, was a good idea. The Admiral figured Tony would be best to allocate the personnel needed for Pi’Lar’s endeavor, so he let the Rear Admiral know what was expected of him.

Adm Arayuss: Well, that sounds like a job for Admiral Martinelli to head up with you, Captain. You can come up with an overall working diagram of the plan and the Admiral here can see to it you get the personnel and resources you need.

Aeryck worked his way through his second taco and started on his third. He was becoming an unstoppable taco eating machine! The Admiral’s love of Taco Bell tacos was well documented throughout the friendship he shared with Como Carpathia. Years ago, when they served aboard Explorer together for Omega Sector, it was necessary for them to travel back in time to the very early 21st Century. The overall mission parameters were classified, but then as Captain, Aeryck and his XO at the time, E.J., had the time to eat at Taco Bell and at Original Tommy’s World Famous Hamburgers in Burbank, California. Together they sampled much of the cuisine in Los Angeles County and brought back with them the necessary data to recreate the items they ate through either a Replicator or to even hand make it themselves. When Adm Arayuss finished his third taco, he started on his churros and enjoyed them thoroughly while waiting on a reply from either RAdm Martinelli or Capt Zh’Osha.

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

The Rear Admiral nodded to Adm Arayuss in approval, Tony knew he’d be able to help facilitate Capt Zh’Osha’s ongoing Holodeck program where off duty officers and crew of Gamma Fleet’s vessels could participate in mock battles together. What RAdm Martinelli wasn’t sure about was whether the ship crews would be battling each other, or battling a common foe like they did in Sector Epsilon.

RAdm Martinelli: Sounds good to me, Sir. But are you sure you want the crews battling each other? Wouldn’t it be better to be working together as a team, like what happened with the Deltaurans? I think if the ships were fighting each other, it would create resentment towards the crew with the superior vessel. Since Explorer isn’t officially part of our fleet and is free to return to Omega Base at anytime, that would leave Infiniti as our most advanced ship with the armor it can deploy. It really wouldn’t be fair to the other ships to force them to battle E.J.’s ship, knowing full well they’re going to lose. Wouldn’t you say that’s true, Captain?

Tony continued with his lunch while waiting on a reply from Capt Zh’Osha. The Chief of Fleet Operations was amazed how Adm Arayuss somehow made the Captain completely forget about her persistent theory that Jake Sisko and his best friend, Capt Nog committed a horrendous crime against the space/time continuum by naming the restaurant the way they did. Tony was always amazed with the abilities of Adm Arayuss, especially being able to erase one’s memories. Plus the Admiral’s uncanny ability to make his tacos disappear!

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CAPT Zh'Osha

The Captain looked back towards the Admirals and the Commodore before replying.

Capt Zh'Osha: And therein lies the solution... We rotate the crews to be on the same side. The computer can control any vessel of any class. By doing so, they would learn each other's advantages and disadvantages... They would serve on each holographic reproduction of their own vessels and possibly many others.

Pi'lar looked around the table before continuing.

Capt Zh'Osha: I believe Admiral Skyner is still aboard, perhaps with his extensive background, he could also lend some ideas, Admiral?

The Captain pulled over a passing server and ordered a round of after lunch drinks for the table, hoping she had chosen a decent enough bottle for them all to enjoy as she waited on their replies.

Post Sun May 02, 2021 4:50 am   
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

The Rear Admiral was trying to see what the benefit was to having a program like this constantly running. The Starbase had more than enough resources to allocate to the project, but couldn’t understand the WHY behind it all was. Surely, after the Deltauran incursion they’ve all proven their ability to work together.

RAdm Martinelli: I’m afraid I don’t see why this program needs to run constantly. The crews of Infiniti, Oriskany and Whitestar have proven beyond all shadow of a doubt, how well they worked together when they saved the galaxy from the Deltauran incursion. The ships will be ready to go out again shortly after Event Horizon returns with the crew members they’ve taken along on their classified mission. The Holodecks on board have almost an infinite amount of programs available, so I don’t see why they’re going to need a constant war game running to learn how they already know how to work together. I’m sorry Captain Zh’Osha; I just don’t see an imperative need for this.

Tony looked at the bottle of red wine that was delivered to the table and saw that it was a good brand and year. Opening the bottle, he poured the wine into the four glasses on the table pretty much knowing Como Carpathia was likely going to pass on it since he didn’t drink alcoholic beverages. Adm Arayuss wasn’t big on them either; nevertheless they all got a glass with wine put before them. The Rear Admiral raised his glass to make a toast.

RAdm Martinelli: To Gamma Fleet, may it forever flourish here in the Gamma Quadrant!

The Chief of Fleet Operations took a sip from his glass as he smiled at the others seated around the table. RAdm Martinelli had been friends with Adm Arayuss and Como Carpathia for quite some time, but Capt Zh’Osha was new here and Tony wanted to welcome her to the inner circle of the commanding officers of the fleet. But that also meant the Captain would want to be part of the circle, which by having the server bring over a bottle of wine showed some interest in at least being friendly with the other officers seated around the table. It was either that or Capt Zh’Osha was an alcoholic and didn’t like to drink alone…

Post Mon May 03, 2021 11:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CAPT Zh'Osha

Pi'Lar chuckled slightly before retorting to RAdm Martinelli.

Capt Zh'Osha: Why, Admiral. I think it imperative because of what they went through. It shows a precedent for warring civilizations, and the constant imperative to be ever-ready! They may know how to work well under pressure on their own vessels, but what would they do if the Deltaurans were to drop out of Warp above the Starbase right now with the ships all in for repairs, not that they would Admiral, but what if?

The Captain took the glass proffered to her and joined in the toast as she waited for the replay from those seated around the small, private table in the corner of Gabriel's Taco Bell.

Post Fri May 07, 2021 10:47 am   
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

Tony laughed out loud at Capt Zh’Osha’s example of what she thought was a possibility of happening while all the ships were docked at the same time inside SB34. Especially her assessment the Deltaurans used Starships to get around and surprise unsuspecting Starbases of this size.

RAdm Martinelli: You crack me up, Captain. The Deltaurans were interdimensional beings, they didn’t need to travel by ships and you’re forgetting that Starbase 34 is well armed on its own. As for the Deltaurans, they’ve been eliminated. Admiral Arayuss, Commodore Carpathia and the others saw to that. You’ve had a considerable amount of time to read the report on the Battle of Sector Epsilon while you’ve been aboard Whitestar all this time. I hope you haven’t spent all that time dealing with hangovers.

The Rear Admiral winked at the Captain as he took another sip of his wine. Tony didn’t mind some wine with his meals on occasion, but he did not partake in the consumption of hard liquor. Something that Capt Zh’Osha obviously did in excess since somebody took the time to write DRUNK on her forehead with a marking pen that required Dr. Brewer to assist in the removal before the memorial of Capt Adonis earlier in the week.

Post Fri May 07, 2021 1:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. eyed the glass of wine before picking it up, but when RAdm Martinelli toasted Gamma Fleet, the Commodore felt it was only fitting to raise his glass and take a sip in honor of the fleet he served as Division 1 Commander. After which, he slowly slid his glass over towards Adm Arayuss since he knew the Admiral's metabolism would never allow him to feel the debilitating affects of alcohol. To the Romulan/Betazoid Hybrid, wine was nothing more than Kool-Aid with a aromatic bouquet.

After listening to what was being said between RAdm Martinelli and Capt Zh'Osha, E.J. wondered why the Captain knew so little about the Deltaurans to use them as an example like that. Plus SB34 was extremely powerful when it came to defending itself. With the new weapons developed by Prof Brewer in the Specialized Scientific Laboratories, even if the Deltaurans made a miraculous reappearance, the weapons they developed would eradicate them again.

Como Carpathia: Using the Deltaurans was a bad example, Captain. You really should read the report on the battle with them more closely. They're not coming back, unless they were suddenly resurrected by a deity...and that doesn't mean bringing up Q and his infatuation with causing problems for the Federation. You originally stated you wanted a program to help officers and enlisted personnel face their fears, but now it seems to have turned into a rotary game of war. Which is it, Captain?

The Commodore sat back in his chair and finished off the rest of his lunch as he waited for Capt Zh'Osha to reply to both RAdm Martinelli and himself. E.J. also kept an eye on Adm Arayuss to see if he noticed he now had 2 glasses of wine before him. The Commodore didn't mean to be in-eloquent, but he just wasn't much into drinking alco-bevs considering what he saw it do to his father and brother.

Post Fri May 07, 2021 2:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: