Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. INFINITI

Captain's Log
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log  Reply with quote  

Captain's Log - Stardate 238004.01

I've arrived aboard the Infiniti and made myself at home in my quarters and have set up my Ready Room the way I wanted it. I have received my orders from Gamma Fleet HQ and am just awaiting the rest of the crew to check in while we're docked here at Starbase 34. Hopefully the wait wont be long...

Once the crew has checked in with me, we'll depart the starbase and proceed to Sector Delta and investigate the report by the Romulan freighter of the Omega Particle. I'm pretty intrigued by the possibility of seeing one of those so I'm looking forward to the mission.

Last edited by COMO Carpathia on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:39 am; edited 3 times in total

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log - Supplemental

I recieved notification from Admiral Skyner that my request for Commander Richard Cypher as Executive Officer was approved. He comes highly recommended by the Judge Advocate General. From what I've been told by RAdmiral Arayuss, he's sure to be a fine XO and I look forward to having him as my First Officer aboard Infiniti.

Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log - Stardate 238004.05

I had meetings with Cmdr Cypher my XO, and LtCmdr Hennings my CSO and was very pleased with them. I hope they both find it comfortable here on Infiniti as this will be our home for a while. RAdmiral Arayuss was right on the money when he recommended Cmdr Cypher as an XO, I personally feel we'll work together very well. Also, LtCmdr Hennings was a pleasure to meet. I will enjoying working with him as well.

I spoke with Admiral Skyner about my requests to have LtCmdr Delgado and Lt Trylon assigned to Infiniti, they were both approved and are en route to Starbase 34 to take their places as Command staff members on my ship. Both are experienced in their fields and will work well with me, which will make the ship run smoothly.

Infiniti will have it's warp core start-up initiated when Lt Ellis and the Engineering staff arrives. Right now all main systems are on standby awaiting the core to come online. I have the XO monitoring that situation and he'll inform me when they arrive and when they'll be getting the core online. Once the remaining Command staff and crew arrive and Infiniti is ready we'll be leaving Starbase 34 for Sector Delta. Gamma Fleet's assigned science vessel will be launched.

Last edited by COMO Carpathia on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log - Stardate 238004.16

The command staff has checked in with me and are now at their assigned duties, as well as the rest of the crew. Cmdr Cypher is in Engineering with Lt Ellis while he gets the warp core and main systems online. 1Lt Bath'Ney, the Marine Detachment Commander, reported to me in my Ready Room and is now in his office on Deck 7, meeting with the Detachment Sergeant, GSgt Cody Arbor. LtCmdr Hennings is at the Science station on the Bridge familiarizing himself with the station and customizing it to his needs. Lt JG Sanders also checked in with me before taking the TAC/SEC station on the Bridge and is getting it ready for launch. LtCmdr Delgado and Lt Trylon also greeted me in the Ready Room before they went to their assigned duty stations. Delgado is at the CONN station proceeding with the pre-flight checklist, and Trylon is running the pre-launch diagnostics at the OPS station. Dr. Sarrlak checked in on his way to Sickbay so that he could prep it for launch, and Ens Elbrun, the ship's counselor, greeted me in my Ready Room before she went to her office to take care of what she needed to do proir to our departure from Starbase 34.

I honestly believe I have made the right choices in my selection of senior staff members. We're down to a matter of minutes before I will be informing Adm Skyner and RAdm Arayuss that Infiniti is ready to disembark and proceed to Sector Delta to investigate the possibility of an Omega Particle. Gamma Fleet's science vessel has a very capable crew and we'll all be doing our best. Once we're on our way, what is says on the dedication plaque on the Bridge will become applicable. "To Infiniti, and Beyond..."

Last edited by COMO Carpathia on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log - Stardate 238005.03

We've already begun our voyage to Sector Delta to investigate the possibility of an Omega Particle being present. LtCmdr Hennings has prepared a presentation for the Senior Staff and I'm waiting for them to assemble in the Briefing Room. Our launch from Starbase 34 was flawless, as I expected. The crew is performing their tasks like the professionals I figured they would be. I'm quite pleased with their performance.

The squad of Marines we have aboard are also doing well. They are in Holodeck 1 engaged in a tactical training excercise that was created by 1Lt. Bath'Ney. I'm quite sure when they've completed the simulation Bath'Ney will provide me with a detailed report. It should be quite interesting, to say the least.

Once the presentation in the Briefing Room is complete I will be inviting the Senior Staff to dine with me tonight. I figure that this would be a good way of getting acquainted with them as a group, and for them to become acquainted with each other. I believe a staff works best when they're comfortable around their fellow officers. So we'll see how that goes.

Post Tue May 04, 2004 3:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log - Stardate 238005.08

The briefing started off very well, everyone seem to be welcoming each other as I entered. Mr. Hennings' presentation of the Omega Particle was excellent. It was very informative. Only problem was when he mentioned his great distrust for our Romulan allies. He seems to feel that Romulans should never be trusted and that my optimism in that they weren't in Sector Delta looking to attack us to obtain Omega was foolhearty. Even after I told him of my friendship with a Romulan it had no affect. He was still determined to make sure I knew he didn't trust them. LtCmdr Delgado voiced his feelings about our mutual friend and that too was dismissed as a worthless opinion. Then young Mr. Sander decided to throw in his 2? and back up the CSO's feelings of distrust and that I was misinterpreting was he was saying. But I wasn't. Nor did anyone else. Lt. Trylon also thought that if the Romulans wanted Omega they would have already obtained it and we wouldn't be out here looking for it. Cmdr Cypher also agreed to that. 1Lt. Bath'Ney got angry in a typical Klingon manner and slammed his fist on the table saying he wouldn't allow them to speak dishonorably of Rear Admiral Arayuss or our Romulan allies and those who spoke of such things were cowards. Ens Elbrun mentioned that this distrust would guarantee that peaceful exploration wouldn't be possible if such feelings were allowed to persist. The whole briefing ended up not being what I hoped it would be. LtCmdr Hennings told me that as far as he was concerned the meeting was over and walked out of the room. I sent Kestra to speak with him and dismissed the rest of the officers to their stations.

Before 1Lt. Bath'Ney left I gave him a PADD with the words "WATCH MY BACK" on it, in case this consortium of Romulan dissidents decides to pull a stunt similar to what happened back in 2293 with Chancellor Gorkon and Qo'noS 1, and the attempt to assasinate the Federation president at the Khitomer conference. I know I have the support of my XO, LtCmdr Delgado, Lt. Trylon, 1Lt. Bath'Ney and Ens. Elbrun. Lt. Ellis didn't comment either way, and Lt. JG Sander made his feelings quite clear, as did Dr. Sarrlak with his nod of approval of LtCmdr Hennings' opinion. So this could lead to more difficulties during this mission. As important as this mission is, I cannot turn Infiniti back to Starbase 34 and exchange members of my staff with those who are supportive of peace and exploration. But once it's complete I will consider replacing those who are creating an unharmonious atmosphere for those of us who wish to peacefully explore. I don't want to turn this ship into a battleground for debate. There's too much at stake.

Also, effective immediately. LtCmdr Delagado is the Second Officer. I cannot have officers whose loyalties are questionable in the line of command. I wish I didn't have to take the position away from Mr. Hennings, but his actions warrant it. He will remain the CSO until this mission is completed and we are within range of Starbase 34 to receive his replacement. It's unfortunate that his post here was so short. With any luck he'll be able to get himself back on the Norway relatively soon.

Last edited by COMO Carpathia on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat May 08, 2004 2:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log - Stardate 238005.10

A terrible tragedy happened to Cmdr Cypher's parents ivolving a transporter malfunction. Rear Admiral Arayuss made arrangements for Cmdr Calzada to take over the post of XO aboard Infiniti so that Cmdr Cypher can go home and take care of his family's matters personally. I really enjoyed working with Richard and I wish him the very best. He will surely be missed. I will be meeting with Cmdr Calzada soon to discuss the mission with him when he finishes settling in his quarters and comes to my Ready Room.

A transporter malfunction...what a horrible way to go. I heard it mentioned before that those lost in transit are completely erased. That even the soul is lost because the energy is deleted along with the matter. Many people have nightmares about getting lost in a transporter malfunction. I happen to be one of them...

Last edited by COMO Carpathia on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon May 10, 2004 5:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log - Supplemental

After meeting with Cmdr Calzada I am very confident that he will make a suitable replacement for Cmdr Cypher. He seemed extremely adequate at absorbing the information I gave him regarding the Omega Particle and the current situation aboard the ship. I look forward to serving with him. He seems very energetic and outspoken. We should get along famously.

As for the ship, all seems calm now. I haven't spoken to LtCmdr Hennings regarding the construction of the Harmonic Resonance Chamber yet, but I will once he returns to the Bridge of his own accord. Till then I will take this opportunity to rest for a while. I could sure use it.

Post Mon May 17, 2004 6:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain' Log - Stardate 238007.03

We're more than ? of the way to our destination in Sector Delta. I've got the Chief Engineer working on the Harmonic Resonance Chamber in Engineering along with his staff. At their current rate of progress they should have it completed upon our arrival.

Lt. Trylon has scanned the area we're approaching and located the system where the Omega Molecule was reported by the Romulan frieghter. The system appears to be mostly uninhabital planets, with a few rich in mineral ores. There is also a large asteroid belt between the 2nd and 3rd planetary orbits. Lt. Trylon has been instructed to pinpoint the exact location of the Omega Molecule as we get closer to the system.

The crew appears to be working well together, which is a pleasure for any CO to have on their ship. I still have not discussed the project proceeding in Engineering with my Chief Science Officer. It's been quite some time since he's been at his station on the Bridge. The other officers on the Bridge, including myself are becoming rather concerned.

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Captain's Log - Stardate 238007.07

We had to temporarily pause during our mission so that Lt. Joffee could arrive and LtCmdr Hennings disembark for Starbase 34. Mr. Hennings was promoted and assigned to Whitestar as their XO. I wish him the very best. Lt. Joffee has already been welcomed aboard and is down in Engineering with Lt. Ellis working on the chamber for studying the Omega molecule.

Infiniti is now heading to our destination at Warp 5, to the satifaction of our illustrious pilot. With any luck, the chamber will be ready upon our arrival. I recieved word that the two officers I submitted for promotion were approved. Dr. Sarrlak is now a full Lieutenant, and Ensign Celeste, a Lieutenant Junior Grade. I will present them with their pips as soon as I see them. There are few things I enjoy more than promoting an officer that deserves it. I'm quite pleased that I have two to do today.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: