Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. ORISKANY

Mission 1 - Investigation of Missing Vessels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CMDR Kee
Commander

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

James was happy to hear they wouldn't need to try any extravagant schemes to get Capt Reich to SB34 sooner than the 11 minutes it would take to get there. He expressed his gratitude to Dr. Jovic for providing an answer to their quagmire.

Cmdr Kee: Thank you, Doctor! You saved us from the headache of having to come up with a viable solution. I'll let you know as soon as Starbase 34's Medical Deck is ready to receive you. Bridge out.

The XO looked over towards Adm Arayuss with a smile on his face as if to say Problem solved. He glanced at the chronometer on his console that he set when he heard the ETA from Explorer, noticing they were now less than 10 minutes away from SB34!

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck looked back at Cmdr Kee and winked as he nodded his approval to the situation being resolved. With less than 10 minutes to go the Admiral just looked around the Bridge at the officers at their stations. They did a great job and would be rewarded for it at the Ceremony at SB34.

As the minutes went by, Explorer communicated it's intention to secure from Warp Speed.

Explorer-Com: We have just passed the outer marker for Starbase 34's control space. I am dropping out of Warp now, Admiral. Will remain at Maximum Impulse for the next few minutes until we are close enough for the base to use it's Tractor Beam to bring Oriskany into it's docking bay.

The CinC was pleased at the news and spoke aloud to Explorer and Lt. Boffi.

Adm Arayuss: Understood, Explorer. Keep me posted. Lieutenant Boffi, inform everyone that we're dropping out of Warp and will be docked inside Starbase 34 in a few minutes.

As the ship dropped out of Warp, Explorer continued to use the Tractor Beam to tow Oriskany till it was close enough for the Tractor Beam of SB34 to take over. He tapped the console on his chair to contact the base.

Adm Arayuss: Admiral Arayuss to Starbase 34 Approach Control, make use of your Tractor Beam to bring us inside, we have a home sick crew aboard and a Captain in need of emergency medical aid. Please transport Captain Reich and Dr. Jovic to the Medical Deck as soon as possible.

A moment later a friendly voice from SB34's Approach Control responded.

SB34 Approach Control: This is Approach Control, Admiral. Welcome home and congratulations on your victory over the Deltaurans. Tractor Beam is set to take over as soon as Explorer releases you. Medical Deck is standing by to receive Captain Reich and Dr. Jovic. Just sit back, Sir, and enjoy the ride.

The Admiral smiled as Explorer released it's Tractor Beam and SB34's immediately took over. Dr. Jovic was contacted and in an matter of moments, Captain Reich and the Doctor were beamed onto the Medical Deck. His heart warmed up when he saw the Space Dock doors opening before them. As they slowly moved inside he could see the faces of complete joy on the Bridge crew. He knew from his own empathic ability that the crew outside the Bridge was just as thrilled, some of them even wiped a tear from their eyes as they looked out view ports to see the interior of the Space Dock moving by as they moved into their docking bay. As soon as they stopped moving, moorings and the gangway were being placed.

Adm Arayuss: Gentlemen, we've come home.

With that, the Admiral stood up and addressed the Bridge crew once more.

Adm Arayuss: I'm expecting to see all of you at the Ceremony later on, no excuses. Understood?

Aeryck stood there waiting to hear a response from every member of Oriskany's Bridge crew before dismissing them.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MR Little

Starbase 34 Approach Control

As the four great ships lumbered towards the outer markers of the Starbase 34 Sector Space, the Bridge’s aboard each ship erupted into joyous revile. Como Carpathia took the lead from Adm Arayuss, nodded and had contacted Approach Control, the space doors were still open from Oriskany’s berthing.

SB34 Approach Control: Welcome back to Starbase 34, Commodore. Oriskany has just docked, Space Dock doors are still open and Infiniti's berth is waiting for you. Whitestar will remain a safe distance, we'll engage our Tractor Beam as soon as you disengage yours, and Transporters are standing by to beam Whitestar's entire crew over here. We'll contact them and make the arrangements.

Oriskany’s Impulse Reactor Core lead the way, the smoke all but extinguished from the damage to its hull that had occurred during the Great Battle of Sector Epsilon. Whitestar and Infiniti were now released from each other and multiple yellow Workbees rushed towards the radiation-leaking hull of Whitestar. Infiniti was berthed next to Oriskany as the repair crews began to board the vessels.

Oriskany Main Engineering – Deck 16

Arriving back in the Starbase Control Area, the Chief could hear the clunks and whirs as the umbilical cords attached themselves seamlessly over the hull, with the help of the multiple Workbees that had surrounded the Fleet as soon as they had entered the area and were dropped from the tractor beams to continue under their own momentum into the docking clamps.

Lewis gathered up a small handful of Data PADDs and headed with Ens Deveraux towards the nearest airlock. As they rounded the corner, he bid farewell to Ens Deveraux, everyone had something to do or someone to see it seemed. There was a crowd amassing the other side of the doors and he could feel their presence. After all, this was the largest battle anyone had seen for decades, they were all now Heroes, one and all.

As the doors hissed and the large gaggle of Engineers poured in through the doors, one approached the Chief.

CWO Kimu: The Engine Room is that way.

She pointed them around the corner the Chief had come through before she turned towards him, his hand raised to stop them as he explained about the Computer and why it was now offline.

Lt. Commander Little: You can put that shit away, boys. All she needs is a jump.

CWO Kimu: Lieutenant Commander Little.

Lt. Commander Little: Chief Warrant Officer Kimu. Are you all right?

CWO Kimu: Yes, I’m fine. We didn’t know what happened out there. I’m sorry.

Lt. Commander Little: It’s okay. I’m happy to see you too. Did you get Salvatoré out?

CWO Kimu: Yes. How did you know about that?

Lt. Commander Little: I've kept an eye on things, from time to time. Now, I've been ordered to some kind of 'party'... Call me if you need Secure Access, other than that, I need something to drink, preferably strong and REAL!

The Chief Engineer crossed the threshold of the airlock and started towards the Galleria.

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Kee
Commander

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

James was elated that they finally docked inside SB34! He wanted to pick up Adm Arayuss and give him a hug, but knew better. The Admiral did a wonderful job getting everyone home and the XO really wished he could show his appreciation to the CinC.

Cmdr Kee: I'll be there, Admiral! I'm looking forward to meeting the next Captain of Oriskany. I am sure whomever you have chosen will be fine with me and I will serve them as Executive Officer to the best of my abilities.

The XO looked at the others as if to say SPEAK! to get them to say something to the Admiral who kept his promise to defeat the Deltaurans and get them home. The CinC deserved their admiration and respect, he sure had Cmdr James Kee's.

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR Centares
Lt. Commander

The Chief Flight Control Officer secured his console before shutting it down, they were docked in their berth so it was no longer necessary for the Flight Control Station to remain active. He was looking forward to the ceremony, but not as much as seeing his wife and young son.

Lt. Centares: I will definitely be in attendance, Sir!

Ajay remained at his deactivated station and patiently waited for Adm Arayuss to dismiss them from their duties. Once that was done, the Lieutenant was planning on going straight to where his family lived on SB34. He really missed them and couldn't wait to see his wife, Heather and their son Jaan.

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR Boffi
Lt. Commander

Michaelangelo was thrilled that they were docked in their berth at SB34, and he had full intentions on making it to the ceremony. He couldn't think of any reason why he wouldn't want to attend.

Lt. Boffi: You can count on me, Sir! I'll be there with bells on!

The Lieutenant laughed at his own humorous anecdote while he shut down his station. He wondered if Alexander Windsor wanted to do some serious gaming in the Holo-Suites on the Base. The Chief Operations Officer knew the little guy lost his family on the Mariposa, so he was pondering the idea of submitting himself as the boy's foster parent. But before doing any of that he'd want to talk to Alex first.

Post Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR Graham
Lt. Commander

Peter secured and powered down the Sec/Tac Station on the Bridge since the weapons and shields would certainly not be necessary docked inside SB34. He wondered why anyone would want to create an excuse not to attend the upcoming festivities.

Lt. Graham: I'll be there, Admiral. I cannot imagine anyone not be excited to go, let alone make up an excuse not to. That just wouldn't be logical, to coin a phrase.

The Lieutenant remained standing at his post, waiting for Adm Arayuss to dismiss them from their Bridge duties. Afterwards, he was planning on getting some hand prepared food from a restaurant in the Galleria. Perhaps some prime rib, corn and a baked potato! That would certainly be appetizing in comparison to the Replicated foods that were available on Oriskany.

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck was pleased he didn't have to order anyone to the ceremony. If promotions were going to be given to those whose actions were above and beyond the call of duty, their fellow crew members should be there to applaud and celebrate them. Plus there were also the memorial for Capt Adonis to attend to.

Adm Arayuss: Then I'll see you all there. Just remember to be in your Dress Uniforms, Gentlemen. You're all dismissed.

The Admiral watched as they hurried off the Bridge like students leaving school after the last bell of the day. It didn't take him but a few seconds to do the same, heading out of the damaged vessel and over to his office on SB34 where he would check in with his Administrative Assistant, Ens Russ.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: