Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. WHITESTAR

Mission 0 - Pre-Launch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
CAPT Daqtorgh
Captain

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

As Daqtorgh took his seat in the CO's chair on the Bridge, he straightened his uniform by pulling down in the lower edge of his top to remove any creases. Responding to his Yeoman, the Captain turned to the Ensign and spoke to him in a respectful manner.

Capt Daqtorgh: Yeoman, we've got a priority mission and I don't know what we'll find when we arrive at New Bajor. Please have the Conference Room ready for a senior staff meeting and be sure to send each member the mission parameters to their PADDs and be sure to set out glasses and pitchers of cold water for everyone seated at the table. Attention to the details, now be off with you, Ensign.

The Captain wanted to get in touch with Cmdr Cypher right away so the Chief Engineer knew he needed to get the Warp Core active right away for launch in an hour.

Capt Daqtorgh: Computer, locate Commander Cypher and have him come to the Bridge as soon as possible, Alpha Code One.

Daqtorgh also thought it would be best to inform the entire crew of Whitestar they needed to report to their stations right away.

Capt Daqtorgh: Computer, locate all crew members and have them report to their stations for a one hour departure. Except for Commander Cypher, I want him to come to the Bridge. Also set timer for exactly one hour, starting...now!

The CO remained in the center seat and waited for the rest of the crew to arrive and take their stations. Seeing that Yeoman Garcia was off to prep the Conference Room, Capt Daqtorgh was alone on the Bridge. The CO hoped Cmdr Cypher would arrive first so he could be told to get the Warp Core powered up and ready so they could depart in the time Capt Daqtorgh promised Como Carpathia.

Post Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

Docking Port/Airlock - Deck 12  Reply with quote  

Thom quickly entered Whitestar and proceeded to the closest Turbolift and rode it to the Bridge where he saw Capt Daqtorgh seated in the center chair alone on the Command Deck. The Commander figured the rest of the crew would be attending their stations shortly, so Thom wondered why the Captain called him to the Bridge when he should be reporting to Main Engineering to get the Warp Core started up for their launch in an hour.

Cmdr Cypher: I got here as fast as I could, Captain. If you want us to be out of here in an hour, I need to get down to Main Engineering and get the Warp Core started. How can I help you, Sir?

The Chief Engineer stood in front of Capt Daqtorgh and waited to hear why he was called to the Bridge when Thom needed to be getting the Matter and Anti-Matter properly mixed for the Warp Core's quick startup procedure. According to the message Cmdr Cypher got from Whitestar's computer, the ship was scheduled to depart SB34 in about an hour, so Thom hoped whatever the Captain called him to the Command Deck for, it could be handled soon.

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CAPT Daqtorgh
Captain

The Captain was pleased to see Cmdr Cypher arrive promptly on the Bridge. Daqtorgh let the Chief Engineer know why he was summoned to the Command Deck so quickly. The CO stood up from the center chair and addressed the Commander.

Capt Daqtorgh: Commander Cypher, report to Main Engineering and get the Matter/Anti-Matter mix started so you can get the Warp Core fully operational. I wanted you to be first one here to get the core started, I will hold a briefing in the Conference Room on the way. Can you and your team have us up in an hour's time?

Daqtorgh sat back in his seat and got ready to greet the rest of crew as they took their stations around the Bridge. The Klingon Captain hoped he didn't underestimate the time they would need to be ready. But from what the CO read about Cmdr Cypher, he should have no problem bringing the core online in time for them to launch.

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Cypher
Commander

The Commander was somewhat surprised Capt Daqtorgh had him come all the way to the Bridge to tell Thom to get the core online, when he could've done it through the Combadge. Cmdr Cypher figured it must be a Klingon trait to want to issue orders in person, a kind of power trip of sorts. But be that as it may, since Thom was already here on the Bridge, he responded to the Captain's inquiry.

Cmdr Cypher: I know my team and I will have us ready to launch in an hour's time, Captain. So I'll be on my way to start the intermix process, if you need me, just contact me through the Combadge system. You don't have to call me up here to the Bridge to tell me what you need me to do, Sir.

The Chief Engineer walked back to the Turbolift and proceeded to Main Engineering on Deck 15 and gave out orders to his team on starting up the intermix system of the Matter/Anti-Matter Injectors. As the mix ratio got to the optimum level, Thom began the injection process into the core. It wouldn't be long before the Warp reactor would be fully powered and they could cut the sustainable umbilical lines that were powering Whitestar from SB344 while the core was shutdown. As the process continued, Cmdr Cypher kept a watchful eye on his console making sure all went well with the mixture.

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Ashborn
Commander

Docking Port/Airlock - Deck 12  Reply with quote  

Chase boarded Whitestar from the Gangway and entered Deck 12 before walking to a Turbolift to take him to the Command Deck. Once the Commander arrived on the Bridge, Chase found the Captain all alone while sitting in the center seat.

Cmdr Ashborn: Greetings, Captain. Looks like we finally got our first mission together in a nice timely manner. Anything you want me to oversee while we wait for the rest of the crew to check in?

The XO waited on the CO to reply to him while he took his seat to the right of the chair in the center. This was the XO's seat and the last time Chase sat there was when Capt Adonis was alive and in command. Cmdr Ashborn really missed his late Commanding Officer and hoped he would feel the same way about Capt Daqtorgh.

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CAPT Daqtorgh
Captain

Daqtorgh was happy to see the arrival of Cmdr Ashborn on the Bridge. Under his XO's supervision, the Commander could oversee the flight status of Whitestar so the Captain could read up on New Bajor for the mission.

Capt Daqtorgh: Hello Commander, great to see you again! We will have a briefing on our way to New Bajor, for now I'd like you to oversee getting the ship flight ready. I want each Station to report to you, then you can give me the final report when we're ready to depart. We have one hour to be underway, Commander Cypher is working on the Warp Core to get it ready. We got to work together to complete this mission, I hope I can count on you Commander.

The CO brought up the information on his PADD regarding New Bajor, which is an M-Class planet orbiting a G-Class star. Daqtorgh read about the capital city New Rakantha and the population being well over 150,000! The Captain learned about the extremely efficient irrigation system throughout the city and the farmlands. Looking through the photos, Daqtorgh could see how the aqueduct system brought water to everyone in New Rakantha and plenty going to all the farms outside the city. This made the Captain think about water and wondered if the Conference Room was ready for the briefing that would be held there once they left SB34 and engaged the Warp Drive. The CO tapped his Combadge and called out to his Yeoman.

Capt Daqtorgh: Daqtorgh to Ensign Garcia! How are you doing, Yeoman? Once your done, report back to the Bridge!

The Captain waited on a report from Ens Garcia on his progress with preparing the Conference Room for the Senior Staff briefing. All the Yeoman had to do was put glasses and pitchers of cold water on the table, so Daqtorgh knew it wasn't a daunting task for the Ensign. The Yeoman also had to send the mission parameters to each senior officer's PADDs, which wouldn't be that difficult either. So the CO expected not to hear about any problems with the Ensign's performance in carrying out his orders.

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Ashborn
Commander

The Commander nodded to the Captain as he responded on whether he could be counted on, while he used the console by the XO's chair to inform all department heads to report to him once they've checked into their stations.

Cmdr Ashborn: You can count on me, Captain. I'll do whatever I can to make sure the operation of the ship and it's crew is as efficient as possible.

The XO was sincere in what he said to Capt Daqtorgh. Chase figured the CO would expect the crew would be as efficient as possible for the sole purpose of bringing the Captain the honor he so desired for his House and himself. It was just the way of the warrior that Cmdr Ashborn would have to deal with and he would, as long as the lives of the crew were not in any danger.

Post Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ENS Garcia
Ensign

Conference Room - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

The Yeoman had just finished setting the table with glasses and the pitchers of cold water when Luis heard Capt Daqtorgh over his Combadge. The Ensign tapped his Combadge and responded to the Captain so he could report on his progress.

Ens Garcia: Garcia here, Captain. I just finished setting up the Conference Room with glasses and pitchers of cold water. Before that I sent the mission parameters to all the members of the Senior Staff. So I should see you on the Bridge in a few moments.

Luis took the short corridor between the Conference Room and the Bridge and walked out onto the Command Deck. Seeing Cmdr Ashborn in his chair while monitoring his console was a welcomed sight to see. The Yeoman walked over and stood in front of Capt Daqtorgh and made an inquiry before sitting down in the vacant seat to the Captain's left.

Ens Garcia: I'm back as ordered, Captain. Is there something else I can do for you, Sir?

The Ensign waited on Capt Daqtorgh to tell him what he wanted the Yeoman to do next, or if he could take the vacant seat next to the CO and relax until they were ready to launch. Either way, Luis was eager and ready to do what he was told by his superior officers. It was the way the Ensign was raised, so he could not help it.

Post Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CAPT Daqtorgh
Captain

Daqtorgh motioned for the Yeoman to take a seat in the empty chair to his left. The Captain really wanted to help train the Ensign in all the ways a Starship works and figured this was a good way to show him.

Capt Daqtorgh: Take a seat, Ensign. You can watch as the Bridge comes to life and witness Commander Cypher bringing the heart of the ship online, this will be a real treat for you, Yeoman. I think you can compare launching a Starship to that spike of adrenaline you would have like the crashing of a wave over a Waverunner. So just sit in the chair and enjoy, while getting to know the crew.

The Captain turned towards his XO, seated to his right, now that Ens Garcia was seated to his left.

Capt Daqtorgh: After reading the tasked mission, do you have any ideas or suggestions, Commander? I'm completely open to my Senior Staff input, it's very vital to me.

The CO waited on any input Cmdr Ashborn might have regarding their current mission. Daqtorgh also wondered if Yeoman Garcia had anything to add as well. Surely Luis read the data on their current mission to New Bajor while he was sending the information to all the members of the Senior Staff. But with Chase being his Executive Officer, Daqtorgh expected to hear from him first.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ENS Garcia
Ensign

The Yeoman was thrilled to take a seat on the Bridge beside the Captain where he would see all the other officers checking in at their stations. The thought of being on the Command Deck when it was going to launch from SB34 was indeed exciting! Luis was very thankful Capt Daqtorgh did not think up some menial chore for him to do while Whitestar was launching from the Space Dock!

Ens Garcia: Thank you for not sending me away, Captain! It is an honor for me to be able to sit up here and observe the launching of Whitestar right from the Bridge! I appreciate it very much, Sir!

The Ensign did not have anything to add in the form of a suggestion regarding what to do about the New Bajor colony not responding. Luis listened for Cmdr Ashborn's input to the situation, perhaps with all his experience, the XO had an idea on what to do in advance to arriving to the M-Class planet. The Yeoman was understandably curious why the colony ceased contact with SB34 and hoped it was a simple problem with an easy solution.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: