Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Fleet Operations

Office of the Chief of Fleet Operations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LT Tyler
Lieutenant

Nick had to catch his breath before continuing. Not that he wanted to breathe deep what the Commander had let out, but the Admiral's statement had caught him off guard.

Lt. JG Tyler: I...well, yes, Sir. I'll take the job. But if the Oriskany needs me, I'd like to put it out there that I'd like to go with them. But if Captain Reich can do without me, I'll stay here at Starbase 34.

Nick struggled to keep his composure, but it was hard to at least prevent a smile from forming.

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

Tony tapped the console at his desk to ventilate the stench Cmdr Marino left behind in the room. The stinging in the Admiral's eyes was finally relieved by the gust of fresh air entering from above. It brought a calming affect to both Tony and Lt. JG Tyler.

RAdm Martinelli: That will not pose a problem. When Oriskany returns it will be docked a while for repairs. By then you will be able to speak with Captain Reich and see if he would rather have you aboard for their next mission. If he does not oppose you remaining here on Starbase 34, you are welcome to remain as the Chief of Security.

The Admiral reached into his drawer and removed a small box and slid it across the desk towards Lt. JG Tyler.

RAdm Martinelli: As of now, Mr. Tyler, you are promoted to the full rank of Lieutenant. Congratulations.

Tony smiled at the newly promoted Lieutenant. He was pleased to have a competent officer taking on the assignment of Chief of Security for Starbase 34. It just wasn't the kind of position a flake like Marino could undertake.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Tyler
Lieutenant

Nick nodded as he finally smiled back, taking the box and setting it in front of him.

Lt. Tyler: Yes, Sir. Thank you Sir.

The smile faded quickly as he went back to the PADD in front of him.

Lt. Tyler: So, back to where we were, Sir, you were saying these things can pass through our shields like they're not even there. Warranting that we'll have to ensure ample supply of these new rifles, and put R&D to work on rectifying the shield matter.

Nick really didn't like the Deltaruans. They were every exaggerated part of the Borg come true.

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LTJG Russ
Lt. Junior Grade

Andrea entered the Admiral's office with LtCmdr Arrayah in tow. She knocked on the doorframe as she walked inside.

Ens Russ: Everybody decent!?!

Laughing at her own sense of humor, the Ensign continued.

Ens Russ: Admiral Martinelli, this here is Counselor Arrayah. You asked me to bring her up to you, so I did. Is there anything else I can get for you? Coffee? Tea? Me? Just let me know.

Andrea walked back out of the Chief of Fleet Operations' office and back to her desk in the waiting area outside. She didn't mind helping any of the members of the Administrative Staff, afterall it was her function and she lived to serve.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR Arrayah
Lt. Commander

Arrayah smiled at both the Ensign and the little joke. It was pleasing to see someone with a sense of humor even in the midst of such stress and danger.

Turning her attention to the Admiral, she extended a well manicured hand.

Lt. Commander Arrayah: Lieutenant Commander Arrayah. I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance, Sir. I'm only sorry it's going to be under such trying times. I'm here to do what I can for the crew of the Oriskany, as well as your staff, if I can. I've read the data you've so graciously provided. It appears we are in for a bit of a wild ride.

Bestowing a warm smile on the Admiral, she watched him. Her stance was casual, but all her senses were on alert while she assessed the man.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

The Admiral shook his head in a disappointed fashion as he replied to Lt.Tyler. Tony wish he had better news for the new Lieutenant, but told him bluntly what he knew to be certain.

RAdm Martinelli: Well Lieutenant, the Deltaurans can pass through shields easily due to the transdimensional flux state they can put themselves in. The only way they can be stopped is with the weapons we sent along with Infiniti.

The Chief of Fleet Operations looked up when Ens Russ entered his office and introduced him to LtCmdr Arrayah. The Counselor reached her hand out as she formally introduced herself which the Admiral found charming.

RAdm Martinelli: It's a pleasure to meet you too, Counselor. Why don't you have a seat there by our new Chief of Security. Our former Chief had to be dismissed due to chronic explosive diarrhea.

Tony laughed a little at Cmdr Marino's lackluster problems with his intestines, along with his inability to be the right officer for the position. He was tired of waiting for Marino to come around and joining the team. The man was just too busy with his eating and running all over the Alpha Quadrant so his daughter could attend pageants on beauty and poise.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LCDR Arrayah
Lt. Commander

Arrayah's eye's twinkled. This was the only outward evidence of her amusement at the Admiral's description of the plight of the poor former Chief of Security. Her smile though broadened as the Admiral introduced her to Nick.

Lt. Commander Arrayah: Lieutenant Tyler! Congratulations. I'm sure you are going to do an outstanding job for the Admiral and for this Starbase. I am at your disposal as well.

Turning back to the Admiral, she became a little more solemn.

Lt Commander Arrayah: Sir, are there any new reports of casualties?

The concern on her face was open and genuine. Still, she studied the Admiral. She was a student of people, and those who commanded were of particular interest to her.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

The Admiral shook his head again, giving LtCmdr Arrayah the news as he spoke. Tony knew the Counselor was going to be needed by Oriskany's crew when they got back.

RAdm Martinelli: We haven't received anything from Sector Epsilon lately, nothing from Oriskany, Whitestar, or Infiniti. By now Infiniti should be there and Admiral Arayuss should've checked in already.

Tony leaned over and tapped the companel.

RAdm Martinelli: Andrea, can you hail Infintiti and requested a progress report? Admiral Arayuss should've contacted us by now.

As the Admiral waited on hearing from the Command-in-Chief of Gamma Fleet, aboard USS Infiniti, he kept his attention on LtCmdr Arrayah and Lt. Tyler who were seated in front of him.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LT Tyler
Lieutenant

Nick gave the Counselor a smile.

Lt. Tyler: Thank you, ma'am. I still don't know if I'll be joining the Oriskany or not. We'll see.

He then turned serious and back towards the Admiral.

Lt. Tyler: Has the Base's Security Force been issued the new weapons yet? I can offer my help to R&D. I majored in weapons systems back at the Academy. It's all the same stuff they tell everyone else, but I can do what I can to help.

Nick began to think over what they could even do to stop these things, but discretion, Nick realised, would be part of the game. If word hit about invinsible aliens that could bypass every known measure in Starfleet, panic would hit big time.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
VADM Martinelli
Vice Admiral

The Admiral nodded in response to Lt. Tyler's inquiry, that was something that was done as Infiniti was leaving SB34.

RAdm Martinelli: Once I finished replicating the new weapons and delivered them to Infiniti to bring to Sector Epsilon, we started manufacturing them for every Security Officer and Marine aboard Starbase 34. Right now, Professor Brewer is with Admiral Arayuss and General Alderez aboard Infiniti, so we just need to hold down the fort till they return. Those are the three that developed that new weapon. I was only aboard Explorer when we removed them from Infiniti's interior. Even then, it was Explorer that figured out how to change the ship's Phasers to fire within their dimensional realm.

Tony gave a small smirk as he continued.

RAdm Martinelli: The benefits of having a sentient Starship under one's command are exceptionally good, to say the least. I'm surprised Explorer isn't here helping with the situation now.

The Admiral continued waiting on Ens Russ to reply back that she raised Infiniti on long range communications and had Adm Arayuss waiting to speak with them. Tony hoped it wouldn't be long before the channel with Aeryck would be open.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: