Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> Division 1 HQ

Office of the Division 1 Commander

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

Office of the Division 1 Commander  Reply with quote  

The Commodore was reading the message sent to him from Capt Daqtorgh, Commanding Officer of USS Whitestar, when Adm Arayuss, Commander in Chief of Gamma Fleet, came running into his office. Judging by the look on the Admiral's face, he had something urgent to discuss with the Division 1 Commander.

Como Carpathia: Is there something I can help you with, Admiral?

E.J. knew it had to be something serious or Adm Arayuss would've just used the inter-office communications system. The Commodore's curiosity was really getting the better of him as he waited for the Admiral to inform him of why he came into his office in such a hurry. But E.J. patiently waited for his friend of many years to disclose the reason for the immediate arrival.

Post Thu May 26, 2022 11:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck quickly took a seat across from E.J. and explained what was happening with Event Horizon. The news was horrible which was why the CinC sent Explorer to rescue them. The Admiral felt there was no time to seek permission from FAdm Skyner and chose to act now! If this was going to result in Aeryck being demoted, then so be it. They all had friends on that ship and nobody was prepared to lose any of them, especially after the loss of so many from the Battle of Sector Epsilon.

Adm Arayuss: Event Horizon is in serious trouble! Due to a saboteur, they ended up at the Trivas System in the C-57D Universe and are currently being pursued by sinister agents of something known as the Emerald Chain! Captain Little has been incapacitated and Commander Cypher is in command. The saboteur was Yeoman Jo’Kla, from the Mirror Universe they were originally heading to. The Ensign killed himself shortly after sabotaging the TDD, which is too damaged to bring them home. I was thinking that I should have asked Fleet Admiral Skyner if I could send Explorer in to save them, but realized I just did not have time to waste explaining it all to him and then have to wait for him to process what he was told. So I sent Explorer to rescue Event Horizon as fast as possible. What are your thoughts, E.J.? Do you think I’ll be facing a court martial on this? Will I lose command of Gamma Fleet?[/i]

The Admiral sat in the chair across from his friend and waited to hear his words of wisdom. Aeryck knew it would not take Explorer long to locate Event Horizon and come to their rescue. Maybe 10 minutes at least. Adm Arayuss hoped they could evade the Emerald Chain for at least that long. The CinC’s vessel was a formidable Starship and he felt Explorer would be a match for any ship the Emerald Chain would dare to attack Event Horizon with.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. was stunned regarding everything he heard from Adm Arayuss. The Commodore had friends aboard Event Horizon too and he did not wish them any harm either. E.J. was very happy to hear that his friend sent Explorer to rescue the Nova Class Starship in Universe C-57D.

Como Carpathia: I would've done the same thing, Admiral. Those are people we care about on that ship and having them in such danger is unconscionable. To do nothing would be the real crime. If Fleet Admiral Skyner can't see that, then perhaps he shouldn't be in the position he's in. Unfortunately, the Fleet Admiral does need to be notified of the situation. If you'd like, I can come with you and we can speak to him together. What say you?

While waiting on Adm Arayuss to respond, the Commodore responded to the message Capt Daqtorgh sent before the CinC entered his office. E.J. let the Commanding Officer of Whitestar know that he would meet with the Captain in his Ready Room aboard the Akira Class Starship currently moored in its berth inside the Spacedock of SB34. Once there, E.J. could discuss the Whitestar's next assignment in the Gamma Quadrant.

Post Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

The Admiral nodded in agreement, it would be better if the two of them spoke to FAdm Skyner together. That way Como Carpathia would be there to offer support if it was needed if the Fleet Admiral became belligerent over Aeryck’s decision to send Explorer to save Event Horizon from their dire circumstance.

Adm Arayuss: I say YES! We just need to locate him and go to wherever he is and give him a report in a matter-of-fact manner. That way he understands that regardless of how he takes it, Explorer is on the way to Universe C-57D to save the people we care about.

Aeryck tapped his Combadge and called out to the SB34 computer so he can inquire on FAdm Skyner’s whereabouts.

Adm Arayuss: Computer, where is Fleet Admiral Skyner?

SB34-Com: Fleet Admiral Skyner is located in the Spacedock Officer’s Lounge.

The CinC looked over at Como Carpathia with a wry smile on his face as he spoke.

Adm Arayuss: We are in luck, E.J. He’s in a public place, the perfect location where he would have to keep his reaction civil! Let us get to his location right away, Commodore!

Together they left the Officer of the Division 1 Commander and proceeded to the Turbolifts where it would take them down to the Spacedock area. From there they would go looking for the Officer’s Lounge and find the Fleet Admiral, hopefully enjoying a relaxing drink of some kind. From what Aeryck could remember, FAdm Skyner only drank alcohol in social settings and he never got completely intoxicated like Capt Zh’Osha did too frequently.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Fri May 27, 2022 7:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

As the Commodore was working at his desk and getting things prepared for Infiniti to depart in the event it was needed, a message from Whitestar came through his PADD. E.J. picked up the handheld device and read the message which was from Capt Daqtorgh and indicated they arrived at New Bajor and was sending a remote probe to the hydroelectric plant to find out why they were without communications and power. Como Carpathia sent an acknowledgement to the message and requested updates to follow. Afterwards, E.J. tapped his Combadge and called out to his XO for a status report on Infiniti's readiness to depart in a hurry if it was needed.

Como Carpathia: Carpathia to Commander Delgado! What's our status on a departure, Aléjandro? Whitestar arrived at New Bajor and they're sending a remote probe into the hydroelectric complex to find out what's going on with communications and their apparent power failure. I'd like for us to be at the ready in the event we're needed!

The Division 1 Commander waited to hear back from his XO as he forwarded the message from Whitestar to Adm Arayuss and VAdm Martinelli. This way they would both know what's going on if Infiniti had to depart in a hurry. E.J. calmly waited on an update from Capt Daqtorgh on his status with the situation on New Bajor. The Commodore didn't think he sent the Captain in over his head, this was just a routine check to see why they dropped communications with SB34. But if it was something seriously escalated, it would be wise for Capt Daqtorgh to call for back up if it was needed. There was no shame in requesting assistance when a circumstance radically changes.

Post Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CMDR Delgado
Commander

Aléjandro was just on his way to see the Commodore when he heard his Combadge chirp and the message came in from Como Carpathia. Since the Commander was already on the Administrative Level and just a few meters from the Division 1 Commander's Office, he waited until he entered to speak with the Commodore.

Cmdr Delgado: I was right down the corridor, Commodore. I was coming up to tell you Infiniti's officer's and crew have reported in and are at their stations. We're ready to launch right now, you just need to give the word, Sir.

The XO took a seat across from the Commodore's desk and waited on a reply. Aléjandro was curious to see what Como Carpathia was looking at on his PADD. The look on the Division 1 Commander's face was of shock and horror! This really concerned Cmdr Delgado since he had not seen the Commodore look this upset since they were dealing with the terror of the Deltaurans.

Post Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
COMO Carpathia
Commodore

E.J. was looking at the images sent to him by Capt Daqtorgh of so many colonists killed horribly when Cmdr Delgado entered. This was the latest update from Whitestar that only came in a few moments ago. Como Carpathia was truly mortified at what he saw on his PADD, so much so that he almost didn’t even realize the XO entered his office. Seeing the images of the tortured children was just too much for the Commodore, but he still had not received word from the Captain that assistance was needed. E.J. didn’t want to jump the gun and tell Cmdr Delgado that it was time to depart just yet.

Como Carpathia: I’ve just received an update from Whitestar along with images that are just too hard to describe. Before Captain Daqtorgh launched, I told him Infiniti would be ready in the event he felt he needed assistance, but the Captain hasn’t called for any as of yet. If we were to just show up without being called to assist, it would give the impression we had no confidence in Daqtorgh. I appreciate you getting Infiniti ready to depart so promptly, Aléjandro. Perhaps we should head on over to the ship and wait to see if we receive another message, let me check in with Admiral Arayuss to make sure he and Vice Admiral Martinelli saw the images too.

The Division 1 Commander got up from behind his desk, grabbed his PADD and made his way for the doorway with Cmdr Delgado following behind. Together they walked down the corridor to the Office of the Commander in Chief and since the doorway was open and Lt. JG Russ was not at her desk, the Commodore peeked inside and saw both Adm Arayuss and VAdm Martinelli looking at their PADDs, with the Administrative Assistant looking on as well. Andrea looked visibly shaken by the imagery and found herself turning away because she had seen enough.

Como Carpathia: Knock-knock. Mind if we join you, Admiral?

The CO of Infiniti stood in the doorway with his First Officer and waited to be invited into the Admiral’s office. It was good that the Admiral and Vice Admiral were both in the same place watching the updated information on the New Bajor colony together. This way they could all make an informed decision on what to do next. That was, after they received a call from Whitestar to assist them. Until then, E.J. felt their hands were tied. The Commodore didn’t even think it would be wise for Adm Arayuss to order Infiniti out to the colony before Capt Daqtorgh called for assistance. E.J. felt doing so would give the Captain of Whitestar the impression no one in Gamma Fleet’s Administration had any confidence in his command decisions at all.

Post Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: