Professional Website Templates Free web design, web templates, web layouts, and website resources, psd templates | lminteractive | layoutbank | linkauction | bizsell  

Gamma Fleet RPG Forum Index -> U.S.S. ORISKANY

Mission 1 - Investigation of Missing Vessels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CMDR Jovic
Commander - Provisional

Auxiliary Sickbay - Deck 16  Reply with quote  

The Doctor took the glass of the familiar ale and raised it to make a toast. She didn't want to make a long one, just short and to the point.

Lt. Commander Jovic: Here's to Captain Sean Patrick Reich, a man who did not get to live up fully to his potential.

Dragana clinked her glass against the one Lewis was obviously waiting to drink, and then downed the entire glass of Romulan Ale the Chief Engineer poured for her.

Lt. Commander Jovic Synthetic Romulan Ale, Chief? How thoughtful of you. Thank you very much.

Even though it was synthetic, it still had a very similar taste to the real thing. It just wouldn't make them drunk if they finished the bottle together while Alexander stood watch over Capt Reich.

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

The Chief Engineer smiled in his return.

Lt. Commander Little: I'm afraid that Cargo Bay Three is... under surveillance. I regret I was unable to get a bottle from there.

Lewis downed his glass after her toast and refilled the pair of now empty glasses.

Lt. Commander Little: You know, what you do here isn't much different from me, Doctor... In a way, we're both Engineers... Only the engines you repair are biological rather than technological... If you ever feel like a change of scenery after we get back...

The Chief left the idea to linger in the air as he sipped the ale. The cool Romulan had too much on her plate to decide now.

Lt. Commander Little: ...When we return...

Again Lewis waited on the Doctor before he poured another glass of the synthehol for them both. He actually preferred the genuine article, but this would do in a pinch of he needed to wet his whistle.

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Jovic
Commander - Provisional

The Doctor smiled and quickly finished the glass of ale in her hand before holding it out for another refill. The Chief had given her a lot to ponder about her future.

Lt. Commander Jovic: You have given me something to think about, Chief. I'll have another one, thank you.

As the Chief Engineer poured drinks for them both, she thought of a new toast and held up her glass.

Lt. Commander Jovic: Here's to you, Lewis. You came up with the idea to use the Warp Core to destroy the Deltaurans. You will be shown a lot of appreciation at the ceremony when we get back to Starbase 34.

The Doctor clinked her glass against his and drank her synthetic ale he poured for her. It was good and it helped calm her from the stress of dealing with the Captain's ailment. If only this drinking could somehow revive Capt Reich...

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

Lewis silently nodded as he listened to Dragana's reverie.

Lt. Commander Little: Appreciation... or cajoling? After all, we are limping back home with "Momma Explorer" out there dragging us along by our ears from the playground!

The Chief laughed at his own description of the Battle of Sector Epsilon and turned to Capt Reich.

Lt. Commander Little: You know, you're missing some real good 'un's here, Captain!

The Chief Engineer turned back towards the Doctor.

Lt. Commander Little: Don't worry, I won't say it, not yet... The Captain has a right to fight right up until the end...

Lewis thought about what he said, it was not his intention to upset or offend the good Doctor so he hoped she would not take offense to what he said to Capt Reich.

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Jovic
Commander - Provisional

Dragana put the glass down on the table where Lewis had put the glass he poured for Capt Reich. The Doctor felt she had enough for now, perhaps later she would get an authentic bottle of Romulan Ale and drink it with LtCmdr Little sometime after they returned to SB34.

Lt. Commander Jovic: Thank you, Lewis. I needed this. Maybe later we can drink some of my own stash after we dock inside Starbase 34? I'd like to return the favor, if I may?

Dr. Jovic monitored Sean's brain activity and it was not looking promising at all. At this rate the Captain would be brain dead in a matter of hours. Dragana shook off the effects of the synthehol and tapped her Combadge to call the Bridge.

Lt. Commander Jovic: Jovic to Bridge! Captain Reich's brain activity is slowly starting to diminish, at this rate he'll be brain dead in a matter of hours. We will need to beam him directly to the Medical Deck on Starbase 34 as soon as possible. I'd like to Transport over with him if it's alright. Sean is my patient and I would like to be there for him.

The Doctor waited on both a response from LtCmdr Little, as well as one from either Adm Arayuss or Cmdr Kee. She wanted to make sure they knew the precarious situation the Captain was in and how this was extremely time sensitive.

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MR Little

Lewis nodded back to Dragana.

Lt. Commander Little: Only under the condition that I pay... You'd do well to check the "Medical Equipment" in Cargo Bay Three, Canister 846726-A... You may find it more, uplifting.

The Chief watched as she monitored the brain activity of the Captain and could almost see the activity diminishing before his eyes.

Lt. Commander Little: I should be getting back to Engineering anyway... Keep the bottle, it may not be real, but it will serve all your needs...

Lewis stood and retrieved his own empty glass from the table, leaving only the Captain's and Dragana's and headed towards the door, stopping only momentarily to catch the Doctor being the Doctor once more and sighed. This was going to be a trying time for all, not just her...

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Kee
Commander

Bridge - Deck 1  Reply with quote  

James' gut wrenched when he heard the news from Dr. Jovic, he looked over at Adm Arayuss who nodded his approval that she could proceed. He called back to the Chief Medical Officer.

Cmdr Kee: This is Commander Kee, we'll have Starbase 34 beam you and the Captain right to the Medical Deck as soon as we're in range. That's the best we can do at this time, Doctor. I hope it's enough...Bridge out.

The XO became really worried about his Captain and his friend. He knew Capt Reich was in good hands with Dr. Jovic, but his outcome was so uncertain. They were about 20 minutes away from having Explorer drop out of Warp Speed and approach the Starbase at Impulse Power. At that time they would contact SB34 immediately to beam Capt Reich and LtCmdr Jovic aboard for their medical team to assist the Doctor.

Post Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ADM Arayuss
Admiral

Aeryck heard the exchange between Cmdr Kee and Dr. Jovic, knowing full well that Capt Reich's life was hanging in the balance. He called out to his ship, USS Explorer to see if they could increase their speed to SB34.

Adm Arayuss: Arayuss to Explorer. Can you increase speed to Starbase 34? His life his hanging in the balance over here!

There was just a moment of pause before Explorer responded.

Explorer-Com: I cannot increase speed any further without putting undue stress on the Tractor Beam. Our current arrival time is precisely eleven minutes, 37 seconds. I am doing the best I can under the situation, Admiral. If you have a better suggestion, I am open for it.

The Admiral sighed and sat further back in the CO's chair, trying to think of a better course of action to get Capt Reich to SB34. He decided to open it up to the Bridge crew for suggestions.

Adm Arayuss: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get Captain Reich and Dr. Jovic to Starbase 34 faster than eleven minutes?

The CinC waited to hear if anyone had anything that would be reasonably suggestible from either Cmdr Kee, Lt. Boffi, Lt. Centares and Lt. Graham. If they couldn't come up with anything, they would have to hope that Sean would be able to hold out for the next 11 minutes.
Starfleet, United Federation of Planets

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CMDR Kee
Commander

James thought long and hard, coming to a revelation of his own. What difference would 11 minutes make in this situation? Only Dr. Jovic would know, so he tapped the console by his seat and made an inquiry...

Cmdr Kee: Bridge to Dr. Jovic. We're eleven minutes out from Starbase 34, can the Captain make it there in time for treatment on the Medical Deck over there?

The XO waited on the Doctor's response. Finding out was most important before making another choice to try something more elaborate in getting Capt Reich to SB34 before his brain completely shut down.

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CMDR Jovic
Commander - Provisional

Auxiliary Sickbay - Deck 16  Reply with quote  

The Doctor heard the call from the Bridge and immediately responded with her prognosis of Capt Reich's ability to withstand the next 11 minutes to SB34.

Lt. Commander Jovic: Dr. Jovic here, I was not aware we were only eleven minutes out. I thought we were further away. The Captain's condition will not change from what it is now in that amount of time.

Dragana continued watching over Capt Reich like a hawk, just in case there was any changes in his condition. She knew the time would pass by quickly, so the Doctor got herself and the Captain ready to beam over to SB34 when they were in range.

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: